Friday, July 12, 2013

VISITS

P7071793

I love little stores like these, full of treasure, that help me to visit the
past.  So many interesting treasures just like a book store!
P7071794
This is a store in the quaint little town of Ladner.  We used to enjoy walking around there when dad's feet were better.

I was happy that we had taken the time to visit Cousin Eileen on Wed. as Thursday was very busy with the children coming. Kim was off to her wedding looking very smart and pretty.  Ben and Morgan arrived for their visit with us loaded down with pillows and suitcases and books and games.
 
Grandpa drove me over to visit Jim with the milkshake.  He was sitting out side looking very pale and he feels the end is near.  Both he and Eileen appreciate the visit and I think each one of us need to feel loved and need friendly visits.
 
Dad took the children for a walk in the forest although there was a mix up with Morgan thinking she was too tired to go but changing her mind after dad and Ben had left.  So being a great grandma I drove her over in Kim's car and we where able to catch up with them in the water-shed park.  They then they carried on and found a raccoons nest they think.
 
We met Carol at White Spot for a treat for us all.  We were sitting at a both in a dark corner and I miss the seat and landed on the floor.  Evidently the waitress says this happens quite regularly so it is not just me.

Then Carol headed off with the pig tail girl and the baseball cap boy and the car piled high with suitcases etc.  I am sure they were in for a real treat with Carol and Panteli.  Dad and I went to bed to bed very early!  Looking after children can be a challenge but lots of fun.

Friday I visit the dentist.
 
"Work hard, play often, and live in love."
-Stuart and Linda Macfarlane.
 
Tomorrow I will be back visiting the old Testament.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I caught up with Tyler and Aslyn today, the weather was great , nice and sunny and warm 17c. Melina stayed home with the sick kids . Jasmine vomited at the Dr office and as I write this she is up from deb vomiting. Tomorrow I may catch up with Tyler. Melina is at work until 2pm. Tyler may take the train over. I feel ok , Melina is not the best.
Ken

Anonymous said...

O I am so sorry to hear the children are so sick again. and also Melina. Is there any way you can build up their immune system?

What we eat is very important.
Dad is fining that out now too.

Good you ha a visit with Tyler an Aslyn. Any pictures?

Sending my prayers and love to you all!
Love mom

Sandra said...

Did dad have any reaction to Sundays dinner out? Everyone sounds so busy. I just want time to putter in my garden. I get frantic if I don't have enough doing nothing time. Really enjoyed my new hours. So does Randy. No alarm going off, I just tip toe out of bed when I wake up and he gets to sleep in. House work and cleaning for me today, we have another open house on Sunday. Sandra

larry bennett said...

Yes dad did have a bad reaction. He really needs to watch what he eats. NO Fats or alcohol!