Wednesday, July 3, 2013

RETHINKING

P6281575
I feel like a kid again as I fall on the driveway and scrape my knee and elbow.

This time is different as a young boy stops to help me up.  He wants to take me inside but I say no I am okay as the blood gushes out of my knee.Realizing our life is changing and yet wanting to keep active and helpful.

Just clumsy.

Shared experiences are wonderful and powerful.
.
 Being open and honest is important about how we are really doing.

We realize that at each stage of life there will be problems and especially health problem.

Our first words are important and so are our last and all the ones in between.

I hope my words are a gift to my loved ones especially knowing I have been loved and knowing each day is a gift in which we discover joy!

Dad and I have done well so far and now face new challenges.  A cane?  a walker?  a scooter?

So who will be the first great grandchild to ride in the scooter?  or maybe push gran in her wheelchair?  Just kidding.  Now the weather is better riding his bike is the best thing he can do.  This has been a stressful time for him.  Keeping active is important!

We remember different things and even the same things differently but together it makes some sense.
A  least we still laugh at the same things.

Was late leaving for Jane's pot luck lunch.  Great fun.  I had gone out to pick a few flowers and got busy mucking about in the garden.  Then had a heck of a time getting my nails clean.

Off to the hospital to meet Eileen's boys.  A very interesting family with different back grounds.  We are having coffee with them to-day  Eileen was happy to have them there but was looking exhausted with all the excitement.  She is now on the waiting list for palliative care.

Dad has written in his blog and I will read it later.  Early to bed last night.  No time to read yesterday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you stick around long enough I would think a scooter is inevatable. I am sure Simone and Lincoln would love to each take a knee and go for a ride. Sandra

beth bennett said...

No worries mate we plan to stick around for a looooong time.
Love mom

Anonymous said...

Who is Lincoln ? I wonder if dad took an aspirin daily that would help his feet? Our dollar have dropped about 15% against the USA dallar in the last 6 weeks ! Watching the today show live from Vancouver this morning , looks nice and sunny . Hope your knee is ok.
Ken

larry bennett said...

Lincoln is Shawna and Stephen's little one due in Sept. They are flying here on August 15.

I WOULD like dad to do that but he does not take anything until it gets bad.

Watch the Tour de France for a while last night.

My knee is find a band aid fixed it up.

LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

It was nice for the young lad to help you after you had fallen. To everything there is a season. Sometimes we are the helpers and sometimes we are the helped.

Love,

Rick