Saturday, July 20, 2013

UNARMED

DSCN0244

We come into this world unarmed and sensitive to our surrounds.  I  believe that our souls are fragile and need to feel loved.  We have neither wings to fly  or walls to protect us.  When I have felt afraid and alone I am seeing the world through the eyes of my childhood.
Hiding from the truth causes unique unhappiness.  I think that the most unhappy people are those who see their own lives through the eyes of a victim and they see the lives of others as perfect and complete.
The truth is that all families have problems and experience difficult times.  I share by writing, others share by music or by art, or by cultivating  a beautiful garden or volunteering to help others.

My garden is a work in progress as are the lives of each one in our family

I found the ministry and the philosophy at the Vineyard church very helpful when we attended there  as I was troubled by our own family problems and shaken up in what I believed in with my own church.  I was a little burnt out with doing and needed time to be healed. 

From the first I experienced music as prayer.  Not singing about God but to Him expressing my need of more of His love and spirit in my life.  It was intense, emotional and personal.  The sermon was based on the Bible and was very inclusive and not judgemental.

The faith and believe of the community filled the air with energy and the sense of the presence of the Holy Spirit was alive.  Healing was available through prayer and the laying on of hands.  At times people were overcome with emotion that had been built up in them for years.

People were free to respond in their own way and in their own time.  Yes, some stayed frozen and critical so never made the choice to face their fears and come forward for prayer.  I am glad that I did.
The gifts of the Spirit of Jesus were put into action and I felt affirmed and happy.

Heart and soul healing help the body relax and to even fall down this is not the doing of the person praying but the body responding to unconditional and amazing love.  Heart and soul healing may not heal me physically but gives me the courage and strength to cope.  Coping is so important.  If we can cope we are armed.

Part of the process is education.

 Come as you are and leave as you came
the choice is yours
 or experience a deeper relationship with Jesus!

"I have found that these widening circles of family, friends community; accepting myself (most days) my husband, my parents (still in my thoughts) my community and my faith (and Jesus) were the only later of protection I needed.  Sharing life's brutiful (not always beautiful is what makes us feel less alone and afraid.  And I reached out to God-the One who holds us all together."   -G. Melton
DSCN0251

3 comments:

beth bennett said...

Hi
Went too far on my walk with Haiti actually getting very lost. A beautiful morning to walk with a friend and a dog!
Dad and I are not up to going to church today I can pray and read some scripture at home while dad watches golf.
love mom

Anonymous said...

I am getting worried , wit hall this nice weather , it is probably going to snow when we arrive !!!
Ken

Anonymous said...

I am not worried about the weather.
right now a an I are sitting at the back waiting for Sandra to arrive with her big las. She is hanging out here while people look at her house. There are two people today an one next week I believe.
The weather should be fabulous!
Morgan's new word. love mom