Wednesday, April 9, 2014

CATCH 22 THRUSDAY UPDATE

P4090793
I came home after a very short walk looking pale and out of breath and with a wee voice that could barely talk.  That its says dad we are going to the emergency.  I went because I did feel crappy and did not want to worry him.

So I did get a lung scan and blood tests and my vital signs monitored.  My lungs are getting plenty of oxygen, which is good news but what is wrong with me.

I have had another fall but nothing was broken but my chest hurts so I guess it is bruised,

P4090802Dad ate my lunch and read my book and got a new battery for his phone in White Rock so the waiting was not too too hard for him.

We came home to the house looking sparkling clean thanks to Leah.  Clean and beautiful and even some snacks in the frig.

I think I could get use to being spoilt.

I am feeling very discouraged and dad wants me to see Dr. Nolte to-morrow.  I am thankful my lungs are okay, one lung operation is enough.

P4090801
I had planned to see if Leah would drive me to Chilliwack for the play and she said she would have.
Thanks for the phone calls you guys.

Thursday update.
The catch 22 is you want to hear if something is wrong so it can be fixed but you are happy you are okay.  Still knowing you are not.  I did look better after my day in bed but I still feel exercise is necessary.

"So in spite of uncertainties, insecurities and questions, the believer (that's me) clings to God."

Today we will see Dr. Nolte about if I need to cancel the test for next week. 

I want to catch up on visiting and see if Jim is better and back at the home.



9 comments:

Shandel said...

good thing you went to get checked out. it never hurts to have a good look. Sorry to hear you fell, i hope your chest heals quickly. Some days take more energy then others. and maybe need more rest then you think! I am glad to hear you came home to a clean house and snacks! they looked lovely. Dropped a letter in the mail for you. its snail mail so might be a few days old when it arrives lol.
sending you oodles of healing love and thoughts.
XO

Steady-as-rain said...

This is not good.

I'm glad you did go to the hospital.

Love,

Rick

Steady-as-rain said...

This is not good.

I'm glad you did go to the hospital.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Better safe than sorry. I am home from work today. Just a annoying cough and free terrible. Ken

Sandra said...

Well, today is a new day. Even if you don't want to go see Dr Nolte for anything else you should get your puffer prescription done again. You want to be sure you have that when you do need it. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I forgot about that.

Rest will do you good Ken.

There was a lot of very sick people in emergency throwing up and it was not nice.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your fall, Beth, and I agree with Rick that it was good that you went to the hospital. I have a meeting in Surrey on Friday and will try to drop by. It's exam week next week and the busiest week of the semester, so I'll have more time for visits in a couple of weeks.

nancy-Lou said...

Darn, darn and darn! I was so sorry to read that you were feeling so badly and had to go to emergency.
I am sure you are worried and discouraged....it is downright scary!
But, as you say, you are getting good care and lots of tests, so I am sure they will find out what is going on and things will get a lot better soon, Beth. Please keep me posted....

I was laughing at your words about Larry, eating your lunch, reading your book and then going shopping...what a guy! He really did well though, to occupy the time...it goes so painstakingly slow, in Emergency. I guess White Rock is your nearest hospital?

Leah is amazing! How spirit lifting it must have been to come home to your clean house! Now that would cheer you up!

I have to clean mine today and tomorrow...I have two friends coming to paint with me on SAturday. Not a class...just fun time together.

It is a good thing you didn't go to Chilliwack, Beth...maybe you should stick close to home for a while and enjoy being waited on.

I hope the doctor visit today brings you some results,

Take care, my friend, sending lots of positive healing energy..prayers.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

I welcome all healing thoughts and prayers and know that even when I feel a little depressed I feel better soon.

I know there are many people a lot worse off and I have so much to be thankful for.

Love your friend Beth