Thursday, April 24, 2014

LOWER THE BARS OF EXPECTATIONS,

DSCN4941DSCN4942
My little garden is slowly coming to life, better than I even expected!

I think that one can be happier as they get older if they lower the bars of their expectations of themselves and others.

Yes, I am an aging Grannie who can still annoy her children and even dad at times!

And yes both of us do some funny things at times and we both worry is the other is gone too long.
Dad was the one that started the car honking at Costco not me.

Wed. was a busy day as Ava and her little guy Yuri dropped by.  He is cute as a button and likes to play games with you, like popping out from behind a chair to say boo.

We missed our usual visit from Leah but the house is in good shape.  Things may change now if  will be caring for Howard some days.  She will do him a lot of good.  This will free Vera up a bit from staying at the hospital all day every day.  She is exhausted and bored because she has always been so active.  I have great respect for those who become care givers!  Like Nancy-Lou.  That's You !

Revelation is the worst of the worst of nightmares but our hope is in the glorious new world which will have the light of God's presence visible to all.  There will be abounding joy, hope and delight.
It is the promise at the end of the Rainbow once again!

I was cranky when I got home and had a head ache because I had had no lunch.  I should have taken something along with me.  I am a slow learner. 

Today I will visit  Jim and have a good lunch before I go.

With Jim I certainly have to lower the bars of my expectations.  I never know how grumpy he will be.
He will be grumpy but I just do not know how grumpy.



8 comments:

Sandra said...

You were at COSCO again? I thought you had already gone? After the freezing wore off and my finger was not too sore I puttered around getting stuff ready for the visitors who will be coming. I even made Randy supper, he was pleasantly surprised. Sandra

Shandel said...

What happened to your finger Sandra? I am really excited for you all to get together. Letting go of the sadness that we could not join this time around. But will make a special trip out this year and maybe at Christmas too!

Happiness comes from letting go and being content with where you are or what you have. :D

beth bennett said...

Yes dad has decided he likes wandering around Cosco and he wanted to get his cereals there. I meant to get some gluten free soup but forgot.
love

nancy-Lou said...

Your garden looks so colourful, with lots of different plants. Gardens give us so much enjoyment don't they?

I am going to work in my back garden as soon as the snow goes. Do you grow lilies Beth? I like the star gazer lilies. A friend of mine hybridizes lilies and has many new varities in his garden. He is quite elderly now though and it is
starting to look a little neglected

Yes, we too have had to give up some of the things we used to do and had in exchange for spending more peaceful, restful times at home.

Thank-you for the nice comments about care giving....I think you and Larry have given a lot more of yourself to caring for others than I have...you two have had an amazing life. AND you are still doing it...going to visit cranky pants Jim, with milkshakes! I honour and respect both of you!

Your comments about the glorious new world give us all hope Beth...yes there is a great reward for us all at the end of the rainbow. I love your words.

I think we all get cranky at times, especially when we are tired or have pain...Carl and I usually have words over his driving...so I am doing most of it now. Unless the highway is icy...which scares me. He is 6 years older than me and has really slowed down..especially in driving..which drives me NUTS! Other drivers too! Highways are fine.unless he is tired....but I do the city driving.

I hope you ate a good lunch and your visit went well.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Yes costco is fun to walk around. Can you hear the horn from inside ? ANZAC day here today. Honouring the soldiers.
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

The garden looks good.

I will likely be down next week before I go to Terrace.

Love,

Rick

larry bennett said...

I remember going to Anzac day with you Ken - still remember how surprised I was when they marched for the Vietnam war - but the overall ceremony was very meaningful.
Yes walking around Costco is interesting - however my feet do get very sore after a little while, and there really is no place to sit - so I do get very tired (and maybe just a touch grouchy) Are you getting any golf in?

nancy-Lou said...

Costco want you to buy lots..thus no quick check out cashiers. According to an employee.

Also they don't have regular coffee.. A manager of the food bar said Costco don't like seniors sitting around visiting and drinking coffee.

I guess there mantra is get in, shop lots and get out!

Well, I guess it works...there are tons of shoppers there, including us. Carl has a hard time walking very far too and he would appreciate a bench. He had a bad fall in the parking lot when the cart ran away on him. Thankfully two gentlemen helped him up.

Lately he waits in the car...it is too much for him to walk around and he will not use the wheel chair cart.

They are an interesting store, but we always spend too much there to.

Love Nancy