Wednesday, April 2, 2014

RESILIENT

DSCN4876
Mountains taken as we drive to White Rock on a beautiful day and yes from the car again.
 
I have my good days and my bad days.
I have beliefs that contribute to the way I live my life and the way I make judgments about others.
Yes  I get totally frustrated with my computer.  Dad says where is your calm and happy spirit now.
It has disappeared but I am well aware that I am not perfect and never will be.
But I am resilient!
I wish I lived in a holy bubble of goodness and patience and sweetness but life gets in the way poor health  stress and annoying situations.
 
Seeing the junk they have picked up in the ocean and a preventable mud slide and the loss of diversity in the Australian coral reefs.  A new book by Elizabeth Kolbert called "The Sixth Great Extinction" we are warned again about global warming but also the damage we as human beings are doing to our earth.  She estimates a third  of the coral reefs, a third of fresh-water mollusks, a quarter of all mammals and a sixth of all birds are headed for extinction."
 
We are cutting down the rain forests, acidifying the oceans and pumping out more carbon dioxide than the atmosphere can handle. 
 
What can one do?  Vote for the Green Party, write letters and join groups that are willing to protest?


DSCN4878
We have been given a beautiful world to live in but we are destroying it.
 
Now for my appointment with Dr. Nolte.  He was very relaxed and is busy setting up new appointments.  It seems we can stroke the stroke off our list and still concern for the brain and the lungs and the colon.  I had written a complete report of my symptoms and what I was taking and what would we follow up with.
 
I agreed more blood tests would be in order and he wants me to see the neurologist earlier than scheduled by phoning to see if there has been a cancellation. 
 
He is concerned about the nodules in the lungs increasing and the cat scan for that will be on April 16.  I am a little confused by it all but I am confident Dr. Nolte cares and is concerned. 
 
Another beautiful day to drive to White Rock where  we had fish and chips at the beach., yes fish salad for me. Home again dad then went for a walk and then wanted to go to Home Depot and I went  go to chapters.  He is trimming the edge of the grass.  Both tired after our day.
 
 I bought a book about the brain
 
Today at church we are learning how to make flower arrangements.  I have some new clippers to take.
 
 


5 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, I think it is very good that Dr. Nolte is engaged and concerned about your health Mom.

I, too, find it easy to get mad at the computer when it refuses to do things that I know it can do!

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, it really makes me sad too, to see the total disregard many have for our planet. It is slowly becoming destroyed...one example is the dirth of wild birds...we used to have large flocks of birds..40 or 50 in a flock, now we are lucky if there are 6 or 7 birds. Each year there are fewer and fewer and some species we do not see anymore. We have operated a bird feeding station for almost 40 years. Years ago, when we went out to feed them the noise was almost deafening from the Grosbeaks..all gathered in the trees chirping away.

Well that is good news, that you didn't have a stroke, Beth. Now,just to get over a couple more doctor visits and tests and you should be good!

Nice pictures of your drive to White Rock. Your lunch sounds delicious....fish and chips and salad. MMMMM

We are off to Winnipeg today to do errands. I would rather stay home, with my dogs!

Take care, my friend, Love. Nancy

Sandra said...

Mary and Simone caught me on Skype first thing this morning. I had made a cake last night and tried to stay awake to surprise him with candles and everything but of course it was one of the few nights he did not get home until 2 am. I lasted till midnight. I think I scared Simone this morning because my hair was pretty wild and crazy. Sounds like you had a good Dr visit. Did your brain scan show anything? Sandra

beth bennett said...

My brain scan showed a shrinking aging brain but no signs of a stroke or cancer.
Lo ve mom

Anonymous said...

Good news on the brain . Hope your weather continues to improve.
Ken