Monday, April 21, 2014

SECOND CHANGES

DSCN4980
The Easter story reveals the God of Second changes.  I know that I can get my mind fixed on certain things and forget what I should have remembered.  Or as Kim would say "A time to Redo."


DSCN4952
Taking one big picture of our gang at Easter seemed like a good idea but it is always hard to get everyone looking their best.

I had missed our paper girl Betty on Saturday with the card and a little extra in it so when I started out on Eastern morning I saw her on the way to our place so I rushed tome to get the card.  I was running so fast it was hard for the cane to keep up with me.  But I succeeded.
Coming home Gundy rushed out to see me asking why I had not visited her.  I had been busy with my silly appointments and when I had knocked she had not answered so I left a note I would come on Monday to catch up with our visits. 
The Mormons had taken her to church the week before and it was a long service and so confusing to her she fainted.  They took her to emergency where she checked out find.  They even x-rayed her brain as she was very confused.
It must have been a month since I saw her last and had not realized it.  She is a lonely soul and her family are busy and neglect her.  The last time I saw her I had told her I was not feeling good and was having some doctor appointments.  I think she had forgotten.  I will write down on my calendar  so I do not forget again.
DSCN4961
DSCN4964
Just a few more pictures.
DSCN4969
Morgan took this of Randy when he took them over to the pond to take pictures.
DSCN4971

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I guess they never saw the turtle? Sounds like your doctors appointments are effecting more lives than just your own. Why would mormons come take Gundy to church? And she can come visit you. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

What a lovely Easter Day you had with your family. The family picture turned out great, Beth. Did you use a timer on your camera? How blessed you and Larry are to have such a large and happy family.

We are having our family supper today. Just 5 of us. We have a small family. Years ago I used to cook for 16, but quite a few have passed on now and on my side...I am an only child. That sounds strange...should it be I was an only child, or I am...I think was!

Yes, doctor appointments and tests sure take up a large part of your time. Carl has so many coming up again. Two surgeries too.

Hearing about your neighbour being neglected by her family is so sad. Unfortunately there are so many lonely seniors. Sometimes the so called "Golden Years" are not so golden for some. Shame on Gundy's family.

Spring has finally arrived with quite an intense rain and wind storm...ice too. But the snow is finally melting and you can feel the softness in the air...although the temperatures are still cooler than normal.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful day at Sandra's, sorry tthat I missed it. I had a mild case of food poison from the night before, but better now. PAnteli

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice time at Sandra's . Kids back to school this morning after the two week Easter break. We got all your cards , did you get ours.
Ken

larry bennett said...

No card yet

craig decraene said...

Not sure about what I'm doing in that picture... Live action shot I suppose.