Tuesday, April 1, 2014

FAITH

P3290706
Faith is trusting and discovering goodness in myself and in others and in unconditional love.  Faith does not mean that we will live  a life of no regrets because that never will be.

Without faith I would be like those people in the airplane with no pilots.

Faith is a way of beholding, a way of regarding reality-an attitude of open-mindedness.  It is a refusal to admit that the world and everything in  is finally chaotic and meaningless; but does faith is not without doubts.

"Faith is, like a lens through which I gaze out at reality and inward at the life of God quietly breathing within me and making my own
 breath possible."  Donald Spoto
 
Is faith a matter of intellectually understanding and subsequent assent to unfathomable mysteries?
Is it a sheer effort of will?   A matter of intense emotion?  Christian faith is none of these.
 
"We are, after all, incomplete and insufficient unto ourselves.
Faith is not primarily a matter of understanding, or dogmas or doctrines or even "truths"
but admitting I have been understood and accepted by the other."   - Donald Spoto
 
I am off to the doctors today with my notes in hand.  I hope dad has as much fun in the waiting room as I did yesterday.  There was one chair that when you sat on it sounded just like a whoopee cushion and everyone who sat there had a startled look on their faces,  Meanwhile dad and the technician were solving the mystery of the airplane.  It was hijacked  by terrorists and then shot down by the C.I.A.

Dad had his walk in the forest and then came home and cut the lawn.  I hope he continues to feel this good. I dug out weeds then had a nap.  Also had a headache so I think there must be pollen in the air.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

In a way we all need faith just to open our eyes and get out of bed in the morning. We have to believe in the world and the people in it will behave in a certain way so that we can make our way in it. Beautiful day, Randy got to stay home and enjoy it and I got off a bit early. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Might even have to start cutting the grass here in Kamloops in another few weeks!

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

http://www.gourmettakeaway.ca/ They have gluten free buy and take home and cook meal, maybe another option rather than M&M meats

nancy-Lou said...

How did your doctor's appointment go Beth...I hope, well.
I sure had a laugh about the noisy chair in the doctor's office...I bet there were chuckles...usually. Usually everyone is so glum faced in the waiting rooms.
It sounds and looks as though spring is getting in full swing there...cutting the grass and weeding.

They are predicting melting temperatures later in the week...I sure hope so, it is treacherous walking the dogs. The roads are icy and rutted...not good when you have two dogs pulling you.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I keep saying our summer is about to end , yesterday 33c , but today will be closer to 23 after a low of 23c... Rather this than Winnipeg winter lol... Jesse home sick , little ones are ok . Touch wood. Melina on an other late shift today . I pick Matthew up at school at 3:30 then rush home to pick Jasmine up at kindy at 4:30 .
Ken

Theresa said...

That's what Dr.s offices need! Whoopie the Cushions! The Ateah girls are kinda known for their whoopie cushion shenanigans.

Sandy, that is so awesome.... GF meals and delivered! Wow!