Monday, March 31, 2014

THE OCEAN


P3290697
The vastness, the beauty, the movement, cast a spell upon our human senses, a spiritual awareness.  The wind making huge waves that are powerful as well as exciting, making me feel alive! There also can be times of quiet meditation that can absorb our thoughts and carry me far away, or just calm my soil.  An amazing place in summer when the beach is covered in busy little ones making castles and digging holes and taking pails to be refilled with water.  There is joy!  There is the warmth of the sun above and a promise of the ebb and flow of all life.  There  are times of discouragement and there are times of renewal.
 
P3290695
Phillip Keller writes with great passion about the ocean in several books.  He lived on a hill in a driftwood cottage, cooked on a wood fired stove, with no electricity or phones,
They were young and adjusted to these primitive conditions.

The ocean fed them and provided wood for their stove and its beauty was a glory beyond words.  He writes: The rise and fall of every tide upon the beach; the mysterious magnetic attraction -of the moon, the sun, the planets of the solar system, and even remote stars- is a powerful reminder that we are a part of a enormously complex, interdependent universe.

A magnificent mind  of  the creator in the wonder and awe I feel when I walk along the beach.

P3290701
After church dad and I drove right to the forest for our walk.  I dropped my cane in the rushing water of the stream.  Dad managed to climb over the rocks, with one near fall to rescue it for me.  It is hard to hold a camera and a cane, one had to go.
 
Then we rushed home to wait to hear when Sandra would come by but she phoned to say a nasty headache would keep her at home for the day.
 
We decided to go up to the hospital, one reason was to have a visit with Jim, and then a quick hello to Vera and Howard.  Jim was very pleased to see us.  He has pneumonia and a bad heart etc.  He knew that he was in the place where he needed care and attention.  He was very talkative for him and his daughter also had been in so that was good.
 
Today dad has his test for his echocardliogram.   With all his tests and his regular checking of his blood pressure the doctor will know what his treatment should be. 
 

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I guess you never got ahold of Jane? Sorry that you rushed your walk. I think I had dreams about big waves yesterday. I there has been lots of news stories about waves made it on my mind. Sounds like 3 lovely days ahead, our fence should be done by tomorrow. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Larry, you are a gallant man...risking all, for retrieving Beth's cane! Glad you both are OK!

I had an echocardiogram and it was an easy test...interesting to watch your own heart beat on the screen. I am fine and didn't need any treatment. Good luck!

That was an interesting quote regarding the ocean.. lovely words. I do love the ocean and miss our holidays on Vancouver Island.

Love, Nancy



Shandel said...

Great blog post. Love the ocean as well. its so peaceful and yet its quite dangerous.

We enjoyed a family dinner at Shawna's&Stephen's house Saturday night. Steve was away working though. And Randy was in town. Nice to visit with him and his kids. We had a great dinner Randy made all GF. It was very delish.

I sent home a book i picked up for you. thought maybe you would enjoy. :D My yoga studio was giving a whole bunch away to new homes. two stuck out for me, one for you and one for Sandra :D

XO

Theresa said...

I am impressed that you guys are going on your forest walks so often. Especially grampa. That is awesome!

I meant to ask you, Sandy if you were still doing yoga. I have signed up for a class but there aren't enough registered yet for it to begin.

Randy and Sandy make awesome GF dishes! We are dfinitely very lucky!

beth bennett said...

You also are good with GF Theresa. Yes grandpa and I are working hard to keep healthy.

I am extremely lucky!

love grama

Anonymous said...

Still hot today. Matthew doing great at school . Jasmine had a tough day at kinder , some girl wouldn't play with her , she was upset.
Ken

beth bennett said...

A perfect day here today. Cold in the morning then warmed up to 80.
Dad had his lunch out on the front porch and a robin came and perched on our tree. Must be spring.
Too bad about Jassy life can be unfair. love mom