Sunday, March 16, 2014

GROWING PAIN

P3140580
New growth in progress

Much harder for this little daffodil peeking out from the rock.
Love the color.

.P3110562


I think we all go through difficult times which can make us stronger, more compassionate and hopefully use what we have experienced to help others. 

This life is full of tragedy , poverty,  injustice, and cruelty. There are so many who are suffering and even day to day living is difficult.  It is amazing how people come together to hekp each other,

We had a happy houseful yesterday with Craig and Leah and the dogs and Jeff and Ava and little Urri  coming for a visit.  Everyone is very helpful and I can just fall asleep.

Both dad and I are having computer troubles which are frustrating and we just do not understand why they do what they do.  Craig helped dad so we will see if it works today.  His  medication is giving him a bad cough so he is stopping it.  I am hopeful he will go to see the doctor tomorrow.  I know doctors try their best to help us and in my life I have never cancelled an appointment but I did last week,  .Yes, I feelf Dr. Nolte wants now to wash his hands of me.

I did what I felt was right knowing how I was feeling and also more worried about dad than me.

Today our book group comes over so we will have a good discussion and that helps the waiting time.

P3130576
 This little flower blooms so easily early in our spring time.

First we try to find meaning in the difficult times.

Second from our experiences we can be more helpful to others and maybe even work for change.

Third I am more aware of my need of God's presence not to fix my problems but to be with me and give me inner strength.


Leah has been a good help to me in understanding the medical sides of things.

Had a loving phone call from Theresa as they let on holidays!

Too tired for church and slept all morning after a short walk in the rain.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Dad is stopping his blood pressure medicine? You have cancelled another appointment? I guess I will be stopping by later to see what you two are up to.
Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Hope springeth forth in the lovely new flowers you have photographed. hmmm springeth...probably not a real word, but a fun one! It reflects my wishes for both of you....hope brings good health.

I remember when I talked to one of the Lost Boys of Sudan and I asked him, how he was able to get through all the troubles he had...after thinking for a minute he said, "hope" ....another pause and he said, "hope that I would wake up in the morning". It sure brings things in to perspective.

I am sorry to hear your doctor is thinking you are a non compliant patient and does not want to treat you now. My doctor call me non compliant once, but he did give me a second chance. I always took his advice after that. Fortunately, I am in pretty good health. Maybe Dr. Nolte will give you a second chance, too.

We are expecting snow later today along with strong winds, which will make the highways pretty bad. I am glad we don't have to travel anywhere. I will take Max and Bella out soon for their walk, before the storm.

Have a good day.

Love, Nancy

ps Carl takes three blood pressure meds and they all have side effects...including that annoying cough...but he has to take them. His BP is very high otherwise. Bless Leah and Sandra for being there for you. All your family...you are so fortunate to have them. They love and care about you.

Good luck tomorrow when you have the scan....I will be thinking of you. When I have a procedure, I sing " In the Garden" to myself and you said, you pray for others....good distractions!

beth bennett said...

No I did not cancel another appointment and my doctor will continue and give me another chance,
Larry can see his doctor to-morrow. That helps to know about Carl.

I would sing if I could remember the words.
Love Beth

nancy-Lou said...

Oh, so glad to hear your doctor will continue on with you Beth! It is awful to change doctors...
I will sing " In the Garden' to you tomorrow... see if you can hear me, when you are having the test!

Good luck to Larry too, with his appointment.
Love to you both,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I got up early to watch the canucks . I am glad they pulled it out in overtime.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Yes - don't miss anymore appointments!


Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

The ACE- inhibitor medication Grampa is on has a side effect of increased cough due to increased levels of bradykinin, however, when this side effect happens you continue taking the medication, tell the doctor, and he will switch you to a similar medication called a Angiotensin receptor blocker, that will eliminate the cough. Please grampa don't stop taking medications without speaking to your doctor first.
Love
Michael

Theresa said...

I appreciate your insight Michael. Helps having people in the know :)