Monday, March 10, 2014

FROM CHURCH TO COMMUNITY

DSCN2412
Dad and I remembered to change our clocks but arrived a few minutes late at church.  We must try and do better.  This is the banner so beautifully created by one of our banner people.  It symbolizes communion.

This is the time of year when the church community begins the Lenten  journey: a journey of confessing  knowing  that it leads to new life and great hope.
DSCN2396
Our visit with Vera and Howard.  They both have a wonderful sense of humor
 and it is good to laugh together.  Good friends from church.

DSCN2410
After a visit with Sandra and Randy Tavia and her boyfriend arrive.  Tavia is a feisty character that believes strongly in her faith and her church.  They run the youth group together.
Yes he is a Christian which is extremely important to Tavia.
Dad was the one who got all the challenging this tine.


DSCN2420
Sunday after I have a nap dad and I walk in the forest.
DSCN2422
I nearly fall in trying to take a picture of the stream.  He grabs my jacket and rescues me again.

Our church is a caring community where we feel loved and at home.

Our neighborhood has a community spirit.  Tod and three of his boys loaded up their trailer with our broken fence.  The youngest boy asked why we did not have a trailer of our own.

I am a  little emotional right now which can go along with a TIA or it is just me.  I am worried about dad but he is getting excellent care.  He has an ultra sound on Tuesday.

Always love your visits Sandra and Randy!  One of the problems is that I am adjusting to feeling like I do,  so maybe I am thinking I just  need to live with it but I will take advice to keep going to the doctor.  I am also very fatigued so any decision is difficult.

Sandra!  You have given me many loving moments which  I treasure!

Part of the lesson at church was about Adam and Eve and he was the muddy one (created from dust)  and she was Eve the bearer of life who had to clean him up!  Reminding us to keep a sense of humor.

The name of the DVD is Glittering Prizes which we obtained from the library.  The young Christian boy dies in the first chapter.  It was on the BBC.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I take it Theresa did not make it out for a visit? Randy and I ended up getting 3 of the big shrubs cut down in the back yesterday. We had to stop as our trailer is full to over flowing. Pruned my hydrangeas and that is about all. Played around with my new phone a bit. Got skyped by Stephen and Shawna, Mary and Mike and even Cameron for a bit! Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Theresa did not make it out she had things to do at home.

I have an appointment with Dr. Nolte at 2:30 today. I was amazed.

Been reading up about strokes and both dad and I are at risk it appears.

Thanks again. I need a little push now and then.

You two are amazing.
love mom