Tuesday, March 4, 2014

IN LIMBO

DSCN2374
Saw little signs of spring on my walk yesterday morning.  I was pleased to get home before it really started raining.

So pleased to get the early phone call that dad had an appointment at the Patterson Center for Tuesday early in the morning.  I still feel badly about not taking action as soon as I felt some concern  but dad was saying he was just tired.

Signs are weakness, trouble speaking, vision problems, headaches, dizziness.  I think stress and high blood pressure could be a part of the problem.

A TIA can be caused by plague or a blood clot.  The risk factors you can do something about are high blood pressure, high cholesterol. diabetes, overweight, smoking, inactivity and Stress!

It is helpful to know the causes of your stress, to share your feelings, laugh and find ways to enjoy life and eat a balanced diet.  Do not skip vacations.  What is that?

These are some of the facts that we have learned. 

Dad received good care at the hospital and seeing all the nurses and interns so busy and caring was wonderful.  Also having Sandra this time, the other time Carol came to sit with us, was a great boast.

Monday a quiet day but we did a quick trip to the library to get some D.V.D.s.  We both feel a little like we are in limbo waiting for news.  Nothing happening for me.  I will try and get my chest x-ray at the Patterson Center at the same time dad is there.  Too tired to return to the hospital yesterday.

...this picture is Sandra with Simone's umbrella when we stopped to eat at the new restaurant  by our house.
DSCN2371


3 comments:

Sandra said...

I know I say you can put up any picture of me, but that one does kind of push the limits! I am very happy that dad is getting in so fast as well. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you guys are acting so quickly! Will try to drop by Friday after my department meeting in SUrrey.
xo Panteli

beth bennett said...

I thought that was a very nice picture,