Thursday, March 13, 2014

HILARIOUS

DSCN2408
Dad and  I were in a hilarious mood the other night.  It is good to just look and find humor in our lives.  It is good to have my funny hubby back!

He gave an Oscar award performance at the doctor's office of the way I walk when I get tied.  I think I had better keep walking in the dark!  The secret is to walk slowly and hug a pole or a tree when I feel I might fall.

I wish I would at least look sexy not clumsy!

Every time I go to see my doctor thinking I know what's wrong he seems to have different ideas. Hmm

P3110566
In the waiting room  watch as every woman comes in and pulls out one ticket with her number on it while e very time without fail the men take a whole roll of numbers instead of just one.

 There are many reasons I do not like colon tests, the horrible stuff you have to drink which I throw up but now I have a new concern.  Will I snort and snore when I am put to sleep in that most dignified of positions.  O  gracious me I hope not. 

Celebrating after returning from seeing  Dr. A Chang, who after a long talk;  and a lot of help answering questions from Leah, it was decided not to rush into this test.  I am getting old for it and they do not like to do it too often.  I am booked for May  but other tests will prove it unnecessary I hope.  I was so tired and found answering questions difficult but a lovely young man so kind and understanding I know now I made the right decision not to see Donaldson.  Dad was a little hard to convince but in the end it was My decision.

Also I am so well organized now I cannot find anything!  The good thing is I have found things I did not know where missing.

Our aim now is just to enjoy life.  I am even thankful that dad and Sandra kept at me and did not let me settle into my comfy arm chair and read!  Together we are a good team.  So thankful also for Leah.

Denial can be a comfy  chair too!  (:

So today I will visit the Seniors home probably after resting after my walk. 

My prayers have been answered and I am so blessed.  Dad  has had an excellent day today fixing both pumps on our little water-falls.  We are both very hopeful and happy  and even hilarious. I was in  bed early  last to-night.


6 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, I guess it just goes to show you can get through just about anything as long as you can still laugh. I think it even helps with high blood pressure! Sandra

Shandel said...

laughing does wonders for the mind and body. it really does ease the soul. and its good for our tummy muscles too!! :D glad to hear that things are moving along and you are able to make some of these choices on your own too.

Sandra said...

Oh, and Mary and MJ are home most of today if you wanted to give them a call.

Theresa said...

Humor is so important. I especially love to crack jokes right after a serious talk. I am glad you both are getting the right tests and things moving quickly. Although never quite quick enough as we would all like. We are leaving on sunday for a week, going to cannon beach and Portland. We are all so excited. Lots of hikes and sightseeing to do. Wish I could have come last weekend. I just had so much house work I had ignored. And then getting ready for a busy week before start packing to go. You know how it is.... Anyways I will definitely give you guys a call before we leave if we Sony get to come visit.

nancy-Lou said...

How wonderful to hear you and Larry are sharing good times and lots of good humour in a difficult time for you both. That is the strength that comes from a good marriage of many years...we are always there for each other. Good to hear Larry is feeling better and I am sure you too, Beth, will gain strength and good health.

Yes, me too....I really dislike those darned colonoscopies...the prep is the problem for me..YUK! I don't care what happens once they put me to sleep. But they are necessary....and good to get over, which you soon will!

Isn't that funny, how the men tore off a bunch of the numbers...and the ladies were careful and just took one! I could sooo see my husband doing that!

When we saw the new doctor last week, Carl peppered him with questions...personal ones about him! Carl is suffering from early Alzheimers and sometimes embarrasses me. Funny enough..the doctor really liked him and took the time to answer them all. I tried to say...I am sorry for the personal questions and he waved me off. ..he was from Libya, and a Muslim and seemed to like Carl because of his Lebanese background. I guess it helped because Carl was wearing his shirt with the Arabic name Ateah Construction on it. I teased Carl and said he recognized the big snoz!

So glad you saw a new doctor, rather than the one you didn't like....you need to feel comfortable with them.

Is Leah a nurse? That was so nice of her to go to the appointment with you....she would know the questions to ask.

So take care, you two...sending you lots of positive energy and love...keeping you in my prayers daily.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Leah has been trained to be PLN and is now looking for work after being in two bad accidents,

My test has been put off until May. At my age they prefer not to do this procedure especially after 77 and I am getting close.

Theresa that is exciting news and I know you will have a much needed good holiday. Enjoy and then come and see us when you can.
love grama