Wednesday, March 19, 2014

RELAXATION

DSCN2442A day just to relax and feel the freedom to be lazy and to be healed.

  Take a ride in a basket high above all.

My sweater is on backward, my socks do not match but there are no holes in them, my hair is sticking up, the kitchen floor is sticky, I am looking for something I have misplaced but now forget what I am looking for. the phone is ringing but we cannot find any of our hand held  ones, I yell down at dad to answer it and I yell down to him to answer.  He has to get up and walk over to the stationary one.

I go for a very short walk and a police car goes by slowly and I hope he will not stop and ask me to walk in a straight line it would be a little tricky right now.

Dad's blood pressure is a little high which is not surprising as he stopped taking his pills.  He is in process ordering some new ones.  Gets put on hold of course.  Now they have been ordered, the good thing was he realized he needs them.

Off to walk in the forest soon as I relax and rest up for a moment. 

Dad did go to the Shamrock tea at the church in the afternoon.  What a grand affair!  A long table with scones and sandwiches, cheese , fruit and goodies.  There were big round tables for people to gather together.  There was music, guitar and banjo and singing. Just what I would like my funeral many years from now to be like!

Two surprises for me.

We walked around at Boundary Park and I met my old, younger than me, walking partner Janet.  What a great time chatting about the old times walking together.

The next surprise is how much better I do with a cane, just helps my balance and gives me security and yes a weapon if needed.  Ha Ha

"If you can give your children only one gift, let it be  enthusiasm."   -Bruce Barton


7 comments:

Sandra said...

I came home to a very bare yard yesterday. Reminds of when we first moved into Snowdon and all I have was grass and a fence line in the front. Lucy gets a tooth pulled today, so no breakfast. They are not impressed, as of course Peanut will have to wait until we leave before she gets hers. The rain is suppose to stop later on, maybe a walk in the afternoon might work better today. Sandra

Shandel said...

Grandma that sounds like a very lovely event. Good for you, using your cane if you need it. I think its important to remember it does not mean your invalid or anything. Sometimes we all just need a little help. (my grandma was really not impressed when they brought her home a nice fancy colored cane. lol she had a lot of attitude towards it and it was quite humorous, but as i tried to explain to her that it was just assistance so she could do all the things she loves to do, she was much more open to it) I hope you dont have to use it as a weapon, but that is a good use if need be!

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, I love your honesty and sense of humour....laughing at your comments...because they could well apply to our house too! Hair sticking up...sticky floors and looking for things I have lost.

Using a cane is a great idea...Carl uses one too. He has one that has an ice pick on the end that you can flip up or down as you need it. Good for you...using a cane. My daughter in law had to use one and she was only 55.

I am so glad you are taking things easy now and not worrying about doing all the going out stuff...just rest and enjoy being lazy...you have earned it, with all you have done over the years and when you are stronger you will be able to get back to it.

We are lazy here too...decided to just stay home and watch the World curling game this afternoon rather than go for groceries to Selkirk. It is 200 kms round trip. Will go tomorrow.

Take care...love, Nancy

larry bennett said...

Yes dear - you did look pretty laid back - and - you did have a hole in your sock.
Everyone at the tea asked about you.

Anonymous said...

I think using a cane is a great idea!

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes it is love mom

Theresa said...

That was a funny post. Quite humorous. Like a well written novel.