Friday, March 28, 2014

TIME

P3260678

                                             " Time is the wisest of all counselors".   - Plutarch

Time can speed us through our day
 or time can drag as we wait in line or sitting in the emergency,
or wait for results, or waiting for family coming to visit.

"Our time is now.  The era into which we are born is the era for which we have responsibility,
the era for which we are meant to be a blessing."  Whatever is going on now-ethnic slaughter, unjust international business policies, the false gods of militarism, the sexism of the churches-is our affair."
-Joan Chittister  from "There is a Season".  Find out more about the things you are concerned about and start a conversation or post something on Twitter or Face book, join a group and be active in choosing better leadership.   Our church is involved with lots of important issues, and dad and I have been involved in the past and were very involved.

Many things take a long time to change but it is important to keep trying.

This is exactly what we were talking about at our Bible study on Wed.  Most of us have done things in the past but are slowing down now but we discussed the problems we see in our modern society right now.

"The purpose of time is to alert us to ourselves so that we can become the only thing worth our time to be: a total human, human being.  (a great hearted soul who in living life has become really alive.)

I missed my turn on my walk going down the road to the creek where I use to go.  I was so pleased to meet my old friend Joanna.  We stood and talked and laughed for quite a while.  She is the gal who try to fix up something for Jesse and one of her girls.  Meanwhile dad went out looking in my usual route as time was passing and he was worried about me.  We met back at home and I was safe and he was happy.

Later talked with Carol on Skype and she is excited about selling her home in the Grand Cayman.  She also gave us advice about some vitamins that may help us both and be especially good for dad's legs and for hers too.

The book of Ecclesiastes  is one of the Wisdom books of the Hebrew-Christian scriptures.  The words invite us to see life as a mosaic made up of all the good and bad experiences that we all will experience but in an unique way.

A time to be born and a time to die.  Jim had been transferred to the hospital when I arrived at the Seniors Home.  He asked to go knowing it was his time to die.  I hope and pray his daughter will be there with him.  I will phone today to see how he is.  Part of me wanted to go but I think he may not want me to.  He was old and miserable but always thankful for his milkshake and I feel sad. 
P3260677


This is from the book "Tough Tiddlywinks"





5 comments:

Sandra said...

It is like another era is over, the Jim and milkshakes era. Now he will just be a memory and a story to tell. I put a count down thing on my phone so I knew how many hours and minutes till the kids all get here, but it seemed to make the time go slower. Our back grass, such as it was, it now nothing but mud. Which means our floors are as well. Is this the second batch of kittens Kenny? Did Carol sell her house? Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, Sandra Carol sold her house and it is a second batch of kittens. Maybe they could live out at the farm.
Time does go slowly at times.
Love mom

Shandel said...

I find time goes really slow when you are hungry and waiting for dinner to cook. or if you are working and hungry and waiting for your lunch hour etc.

yucky Sandra! that would drive me crazy. When will they lay grass down? do you plant it or use the sod stuff.

That is a lot of kittens! omg but i bet they will have zero mice!

Anonymous said...

We have takers for two kittens . only 4 more to get rid of. no mice here. Mommy cat eats the occasional bird if she is hungry. How old was Jim ? I think the season is over for the Canucks...no playoffs this year.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Dad would agree with you Ken the Canucks will not be in the playoffs. Too bad.

Jim was 85 and had a blood disorder and also had had a stroke. He had to retire early from his flying and had a drinking problem. He became deafer and a loner which made his life worse I think.

Life is not for the faint of heart but becoming bitter makes it harder.

I asked at the hospital but he was not there so maybe he was taken to Peace Arch.

love mom