Saturday, March 29, 2014

HEAVY RAIN

P3280687
It seemed like a big heavy cloud would dump heavy rain on us at times during the day.  The one time was when we were at the hospital with Vera and Howard and the other time we were back home so we were never caught out in it.

I was very delighted that Leah arrived in the morning as there were many things that needed doing and I just did not feel any enthusiasm for doing much of anything, except my morning walk.

It was good to come home from the hospital and see the house so clean.  Thank you Leah.
After reading the book about Alzheimer’s and being at the hospital again I decided I should go in and see what my brain scan showed and what the next test would do with a body scan.  My balance is still poor and my energy low.  If I was working hard like some others I know there is a good reason for tiredness.
I decide I am going to keep getting tests until I get some answers but I also need to know what questions to ask.

In order to live fully we sometimes have to look more deeply and respectfully at our own lack of good health.    Suffering is all around us. 
In sharing our needs,  knowing that we all have needs is important and also we all need support at some times in our lives.

"Joy shared is joy doubled;  sorrow shared is sorrow halved."   -Proverb




5 comments:

Shandel said...

How nice of Leah to help out around the house. Glad you have lots of help and support. and know that our love and good healing thoughts are coming from Alberta. I am still on the hunt for a nice letter paper. I need to dedicate some time to that hunt.
I hope you have a wonderful Saturday. We are still in the middle of winter...spring has not caught up yet. but we have hopes it will arrive. walking daisy this morning is a bit chilly. lots of love

Sandra said...

It poured out rain here too after I was home. I was snuggled up reading the book you gave me so kept dry. It can be a lot of work trying to find out why our health is the way it is. Not having answers can be very discouraging. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thank you both Shandel and Sandra
I do feel very supported and loved and thankful for rain not snow! love mom

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your getting help Mom. Well done Leah.
Early shift again. Not a great sleep , up at 1am with tummy pains then the alarm went at 2am ....oh well four days off after today . I bad bug is going around the schools last week . Our kids are fine , touch wood . Matthew wants to keep 3 kittens , and Jasmine wants 2 kittens. They have named them all . Rocky is getting bigger , he thinks he is a cat !!! Melina dought him a dinosaur bone to eat , not really , buts its huge , he didnt show much interest . We need something to keep him busy when he wakes at 5am...
ken

nancy-Lou said...

It is good to hear you are pursuing answers to your health problems...you have to be proactive these days. A good idea is to go in to the office visit with a list of questions.

Beth, I am so glad you are getting help with your house work....I know it is hard to let someone else do your work for you...you feel as though you should be doing it...but you are not feeling well and really deserve to take a break!

I do hope you feel stronger and steadier....and can enjoy those longer walks soon.

Today is lovely spring day, albeit with a strong wind...but nice for going for a walk with Max and Bella.

Take care, my friend, love, Nancy