Sunday, March 9, 2014

STAYING CALM

DSCN2385
I believe that beauty is essential to the soul.
There are amazing stories of people even in captivity enjoying beauty whether it is a small tiny view out their window or watching a spider creating his web.
DSCN2389
There is beauty in the vegetable market with the amazing displays of color and variety.


Dad and I are watching a D.V.D. which I picked because it was from Cambridge University.  The first pat is about a Jewish boy and a Catholic boy sharing a room.  They disagree on religion but it is the Jew that has an attitude  of superiority.  They both come to realize the many faults in their traditions and in their churches.
Each comes to see that religion still is a part of who they are;  they learn that what the other believes is not necessary what they thought the other believed.

Had visits from Randy and Sandra who now have their book cases at last.  We all stayed calm while discussing my next moves at least according to the blood-pressure monitor.  Later we had a visit from Tavia and her new boy friend who she was anxious that we meet.  A very happy young couple!

Enjoying beauty, laughing at the ridiculous, and responding with humility and grace help us see the spiritual side of all of life realizing sometimes we have to do what we do not really want to do.  I will see Dr. Nolte and apologize for not keeping the appointment he went to the trouble to make for me.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, I hope you were over the trauma of our visit before you had the next one! I should apologize as well. I should find nicer ways to make my point, and can get a bit heated though in the moment. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

What is the name of the DVD about the Jewish and Catholic students BEth? I would like to watch it. Is it an NFB film?

Glad that you had a good visit with Sandra and Randy....you are so luckly to have such a caring family.

We saw the other doctor Friday..not our family physician and learned our doctor is suffering from memory problems...probably due to stress and is getting better...kind of scary..don't want to loose Dr. Hugo....he is excellent. He is in his early fifties...but carries a huge load of patients and lots of on call at our local hospital They are so understaffed.
Your spring flower pictures, give me hope, Beth, when I look out at the great white mountains in our yard.
I made cabbage rolls this afternoon. Two pots, one for us and one for our son, Mark...the bachelor.Do you make them..or eat them? They are common here in Manitoba, because we have a large Ukrainian population. The Lebanese make them with grape leaf rolls...and lamb. Mine are a combination! Can you smell them all the way to BC? The smell lingers forever!
Good luck with your doctor appointment. I don't blame you for not wanting the colonoscopy...I try to avoid them too...but know I should go.
Love to you both, Nancy


beth bennett said...

Hi Nancy,
Anything new at your appointment?

I only made cabbage rolls once in awhile but we do like them.

I think your family is very fortunate too.

love beth

nancy-Lou said...

Well....Carl is anemic and has to start iron pills. He may be losing blood from his kidneys, due to high blood pressure. It isn't too bad.

When it came to my turn the doctor said all tests were good. Hooray, no high cholestrol or sugar! I was glad he never mentioned Celiac Disease and colonoscopies...Actually my Celiac is well under control. I find some of the gluten free breads make me a little sick too, so don't eat them often. Just stomach indigestion and heartburn, no dreaded diaheria.

love, Nancy

I hope you have a good visit with your doctor and good test results, Beth...same for Larry!