Friday, September 12, 2014

DREAM CATCHER

P9100101
How beautiful is the morning light as it shines on flowers and trees and you and me.
P9100103
This is my Father’s world and it is a sacred place when I take a moment in time to pray and be thankful.
I pray for the spirit of gentleness to blow into my dreams
 and remind me of the spirit that shines on all of us all the time.

Maybe this is more of a day dream but in this world of uncertainty I need the wonder of imagination!

"No matter what we do, finding fulfillment may require learning to cultivate the heart and its capacity for meaning in the same way we are now taught to pursue knowledge or expertise.  We will need to connect intimately to the life around us."    -Rachael Remen   "My Grandfather's Blessings".

Jim is much easier to visit now which helps when I push myself to go.  I left dad at the Dairy Queen eating while I took the mike shake over.  I did not do any other visiting. 

Our Bible study is going to be studying 1Corinthians so well will be traveling with Paul and getting his views on Christianity.  Once again we will have to remember his letters were written in a different time and culture so some of his words will not be to our liking.    He is not liked by all.

Kim has gone to  a  fun meeting of her friends  from Grand Cayman  She is home now;1

Happy Birthday Jesse!  Another Sept. birthday on Sept 14 so I am early!

Lord of All to Thee I pray knowing Your will is for us all to live in harmony with an ever-deepening love for Thee and for those who have been drawn into my life by Your Spirit.  As a child bonds to his mother may I bond with Thee knowing You are always with me

This is a picture Kim took at Oliver's place!
kim pic 2

kim pic 1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are having a party for Jesse tomorrow. His actual birthday is Sunday the 14th .
Ken

Sandra said...

I wonder if Jim wonders what the heck he ever did to deserve milkshake delivery in his old age? The sun may be nice later on, but it is darn chilly when I head out with the dogs in the morning, the street lights are even still on. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

AHHH words that ring of the hymn, This is My Father's World! So true....we are blessed with the beauty around us....the northern lights were awesome again tonight, as they have been for a week or so. Dancing above our house. I am thankful, too.

Very meaningful prayers, Beth...thank-you for them.

How nice for you to have Kim living with you and helping out with meals and going for walks with you.

It is another beautiful fall day here...with a cloudless blue sky, so Max, Bella and I will have a good walk again. Tomorrow I start teaching piano lessons.

Have a good day,

Love,Nancy