Saturday, September 20, 2014

THE DERANGED MIND

188
How can we understand what happens to the mind that is so full of hate and violence.

I have so many questions this morning after hearing of the young girl’s death just a few miles from here.  How fearful for Kim.

I used to think of this as one of the very safe areas.  We do have some poor derelicts hanging about the mall some times.  There is the area where the bus load up and there are strange people loitering there but they have been harmless.

Reading a book about Kabul does not help.  Women are afraid to go out into the streets and the men's minds are filled with propaganda and even they are afraid to go out without a weapon.  Many of them are confused in their world that has turned so ugly.  They get all stirred up by speeches full of hate and when they are in a group.  How can a wife look at her husband and distinguish him from the turbaned thugs who go so far as stoning women just like her to death.  In defiance she swears to never remove the burqa  even if it means so that even her husband cannot see her face, she never leaves her home.
.The mind is where hell exists and  where our own thoughts frighten us.
.  -    "The Swallows of Kabul" 


I was feeling better until I picked up some crackers on the GF and organic self and they were full of wheat which I believe Kim discovered.  I get so tired reading all the ingredients and If it does not say GF I just do not buy it.  Consequently I was up all night going to the washroom.  My own stupidity.

DSCN5306My heart is worried about Jim so off to the hospital dad and I go.  I visit Jim (he has had a stroke) and dad visits with Leah and Howard who are one block over.  Jim was very pleased to see me and he is getting good care.

Got home in time to go to the dentist and when I got out a complete stranger walked me part way home as I was looking wobbly.
Dad went shopping because all of a sudden all three bathrooms were out of toilet paper,



5 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, it can be helpful to have each bathroom well stocked with toilet paper!

It was very nice that somebody walked with you when you looked a bit wobbly. However, it is a bit worrisome that you looked so wobbly that somebody would worry about you.

Love,

Rick

larry bennett said...

Very good comment Rick - As I keep telling you mom - to others your are just a little old lady stumbling down the street. Take your Cane. Don't go far. Stay at home when it is dark. Don't take the dog.
Take the same route - so I can find you. Wear your vest. etc

She does some of these things some of the time.

I worry about her.

She worries about Jim that is Ok - but when she is all tired out and note feeling well, I want her to worry about herself.

Anonymous said...

Time to take the yearly trip to costco and get the 100 rolls of toilet paper ..lol
When from lates to earlis , only three days left before leave starts . Warming up to the mid
20's this week.
Ken

Sandra said...

I have not watched the news much this week, I believe I have been sleeping in a bit so rushed to get the walk done. Is it that 17 year old girl you are talking about?

You know weebles wobble but they don't fall down, bit little old ladies do! Well, good thing the dentist is so close.

Reading my birthday book, thank you so much. Have to squeeze it in between homework and dancing so it may take me longer than usual

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Larry, I can see why you would worry about Beth...that would really worry me too! Maybe make a large poster and hang it on the door where she goes out. A checklist of sorts!

Beth, you must be careful...I don't want to lose my super duper blog friend!

The good thing about living in a small community is everyone pretty much knows everyone....and would be right there to help if needed. They all wave at us at us as they pass by in their vehicles.

A rainy day meant we couldn't walk..so spent the afternoon in my studio painting. Mr Grieg kept me company...I listened to his Lyric Pieces on Naxos.com. Love that site...it is a subscription site...but worth every penny.

Have a lovely evening.

Love, Nancy