Friday, September 19, 2014

THE STRANGE ATTRACTOR

DSCN5303
DSCN5298
So many trees and the last rays of sunshine shine through some of the tall branches while others are of all shapes.  Dad and I went off the beaten path to try and find the wee bit of sun that was lingering.  Had to be extra careful walking.

Thursday  started out like every other day.  Kim and I had our walks followed by eggs and toast; and dad had his bike ride until the light misty rain started getting serious and came down harder. I got ready to go visiting making knowing the car had just been gassed up and ready to go.  I arrived at the home to find Jim had been taken to hospital;  which I was  expecting  to have happen, but still unprepared and saddened.  I will visit him another day there.  He has so much wrong with him now it is amazing he has kept going.  I felt bad I did not feel confident to drive to the hospital. to see him.
 
Kim went to her an expert talk about pottery, one of her courses at school.

Science may actually give us some clues to find God.

"Physicists now working in the field of chaos speak of the center.  They say beneath the randomness and chaos-the uncertainty-of our experience, there is a deep abiding order.  They call it the "strange attractor" which pulls everything to a core to holds." 
 -"Transforming the Ordinary byCaroline Westerhoff

"Albert Einstein is asked, "Is the universe a friendly place?  All that he wrote and did indicates that his answer was yes.  "I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature."

"Considering God as the strange attraction catches my imagination.  It speaks to my experience of a Holy Center who keeps pulling me in, who will not let me go-and which my unlimited faculties can only begin to embrace."  c. Westerhoff

For God aloe my soul waits in silence,
     from Him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
     my fortress, I shall never be shaken,  -Psalm 62

Dear Lord bless Jim with an awareness of your Presence even as an unbeliever.

One moment can take us from doubt and despair into an intimacy of the believer.











7 comments:

Sandra said...

My computer crashed mid comment. Drat. So, will you still go visiting once Jim is no longer there? I did not have an afternoon walk, was trying to get some extra studying in at work and forgot to go. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Carol adn I are going to the Fringe Festival at Granville Island tonight. Don't know that the show is about, but it will probably be weird.xo Panteli

beth bennett said...

I think I will not continue going although there is the other Jim (james) who needs visiting but he is unpredictable and may want a visit and may not.
The little sitting area where I chatted with the ladies has been taken over by some new people.
It may be time to stop. Dad does not encourage me.
love mom

beth bennett said...

You are a good sport Panteli the fringe festival is far too much for me. Hope you enjoy a few laughs. love beth

Steady-as-rain said...

I think it may be time to turn the page with visiting. To everything there is a season, after all.

Did you find the sunny patch in the forest? Good title for a novel: The Sunny Patch in the Forest.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

My goodness Beth, you have been caring for others all your life..through babysitting, making meals and visiting the frail and sick....why not take a holiday from it now and after a while, if you enjoy the holiday, make it a retirement.

The pictures of the trees are lovely. Their limbs remind of people with arms upstretched.
Aren't the colours beautiful at this time of year...the trees outside my son, Mark's home were singing in colour today. I went to visit his little kitten...he is so cute and never stops playing. Mark bought him a little tent and he was so rambuntious it flipped upside down with him in it.

How are your sore ribs, Beth? Do they still keep you awake at night? I hope not. Mine bother me when I lay a certain way on my side....it feels as though they moving or pinching. They don't keep me awake though.

Have a good night's sleep Beth,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Ribs are fine and I am thinking of retirement.