Tuesday, September 23, 2014

HARVEST

P9210156
A bright and splendid fall day at the park.  Not many families or children, I think they were out getting ready to go back to school.  It must be exciting after the long break with the teachers strike.  I am sure most children are happy to get back and see old friends and maybe make some new friends as well as learn new things.

I am trying those funny things called “Breathe Right” so I don’t keep waking myself up with a snort!  So far they stick on everything except my nose, my hair, my pillow or my blankets.  The adds on T.V. make it look so easy.
I started on my Bible study lesson yesterday and reading and understanding Paul is a challenge.  When I look at the short sayings of the Dali Lama I think no wonder it seems so easy and clear to understand.  The first chapter and I am already stuck wondering what he really means.

Dad went for a bike ride when the day turned sunny.  Later in the evening just after supper dad and I took Haiti over to our park and let her play with the dogs.  I am happy she is adjusting so well!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I did not know you are a snorer. I snore too, but i made randy leave his ear plugs out last night so he can hear burgerlers.

After all these years of reading the bible you still get stumped?

Bit sore today, but have to go to practice again tonight.

Sandra





nancy-Lou said...

So glad you are enjoying having a dog in the house....they bring us much happiness, don't they? Haiti sounds like a really nice girl.

I do love the Dali Lama....how true his teaching are. I do not understand a lot about Buddhism, but what I do know, I like.

You have me laughing about the Breathe Right strips....I was thinking they could get stuck on Larry!

Another beautiful fall day and we will go for another walk. Down along the Lake this time...may take a short video and post on facebook.

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/britishcolumbia/where-to-watch-the-fraser-river-sockeye-salmon-return

Maybe something you and dad could go do, take some pictures?