Wednesday, September 24, 2014

REAL AND UNREAL

P9220161
                                The harvest of real vegetables waiting to be enjoyed!
P9220167

Some fake leaves to add some fall color.  I love the different colors of the seasons and also the colors of celebrations like St. Patrick day etc.
  Everyone knows that these are not real but add some color to the days that are getting shorter.

My Super Brain Solutions book talks about making God real! 
When you truly know something the following things apply:
You did not accept other people’s opinions.  You found out on your own.
You did not give up too soon.  You kept exploring despite blind alleys and false starts.
You trusted that you had the determination and curiosity to find out the truth.
What you truly knew grew from inside.  It made you a different person.
You paid attention to your emotions.
You where willing to go beyond logic into those areas where intuition, insight, and wisdom actually count.  They become real to you.
It is a progress of moving from hope to faith to knowledge.
Have an open mind about spirituality.
See the good in people.
Be generous of spirit.

Life evolves around itself and in our midst God is only a label we apply to unseen powers that exist, waiting to emerge from within ourselves.

I will be joining my group to begin our study of Corinthians  today.  When you study with a group you discover things you have never seen before in your readings.  There are also new translations and more historical accuracy to be considered and discussed.  I always learn something new!

I believe it is important to take seriously Paul’s own religious experience , acknowledging the central metaphors that shaped his message and realize that his teaching and his passion give us an even clearer understanding of the teachings of Jesus, from whom he drew his inspiration.

Paul will have a lot to answer for as we examine his theology.  Is it real? 

For us it is finding the soul of the words of the message! 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Did you get out at all yesterday? We missed Carol at the practice last night. I am happy because the indoor spot that has been decided on is less than 10 minutes from my house.

Not busy at work so getting lots of studying done. Oh, and another student wants to meet up with me and study. I don't know if it is a man or a woman but I said yes. It doesn't do me any good, it confuses me more than anything listening to others who don't know things.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, I went for a short walk, then walked around the shopping centre to buy a few little things to send to our children, and then walked down to see Lily who was not home and then stopped in to see Gundy who was home.
I told her about dad losing his memory and she said she had the same thing happen when she was not paying attention on the bus and went too far and all of a sudden was confused by where was she?
She felt really lost when she got off the bus but then crossed the street and took a bus back to where she had started from.
Carol went to her magraw with Kim. Kim made us a delicious soup with lots of vegetables and also beet salad.
I was too tired to cook so am so thankful to come home to the house full of good smells.
I hope your studying turns out okay.
Today I am off to Bible study and we do have fun which is good.
love mom

Sandra said...

What is a magraw?