Wednesday, September 17, 2014

FAIRY TALES

Religion is not a fairy tale.  We do not live happily ever after.  The princess does not get rescued a charming prince.
P9140133
I believe that I can find healing and strength in my beliefs when I realize God is not the handsome prince who saves those entrapped by fear and doubt and who grants all my wishes.

I also believe that miracles still happen!

We have many gifted people who make banners like the one hanging on the pulpit and behind  the communion tale.  I like the thought we are each the bread and wine for each other.  We pray and support our friends and especially for those who need a healing touch, like dad right now.
We are to try and help people carry their burdens.  Communion is saying "thank you" for Life!

For some it can produce a spiritual vibrancy when we take the bread and wine  prayerfully.

Some refuse to partake because they view it as superstitious nonsense.  For each person it may have a different meaning.  I remember the gift of Jesus for me!

Church language can be difficult to understand and can also seem boring.  The words of the hymns out dated and the tune slow and dreary.

:All sorts of people-even mature faithful Christians-are finding conventional religion less satisfying and long for  new expressions of spiritual community."  -"Christianity After Religion"

A charismatic leader can make a difference!

What qualities should a good leader have?

 A person who can inspire you but also challenge you with questions that you need to answer yourself.  He should be knowledgeable, honest, compassionate, with a good sense of humor.

I felt really bad that we missed Jane when she was visiting and shopping in our area,

Carol came over and Kim made us a delicious supper.  I understand she and Sandra have some kind of practice?  a dance practice?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we have our Thriller dance practice tonight. I hope I remember some of the steps from last preactice or this is going to get really hard really fast! Sandra

beth bennett said...

This is a dance that is going to be done at the same time all over the world. They are zombies and I think they are raising money.
They can dress up any way they want. Hard work but good exercise love mom

Shandel said...

I hope someone takes pictures! that would be fabulous to see. good luck and have fun!

Steady-as-rain said...

I guess the main task of organized religion to explain why bad things happen to believers as much as anybody else. Hence the fuss over healings and miracles that are, at most, in the end irrelevant.

Real faith is what you believe (like Job) even though it won't get you anything.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Rick that is what I was trying to say.
Thanks love mom

Anonymous said...

Thriller dance sounds interesting. Days off for me ,last day of term tomorrow for the kids.
Ken