Friday, September 26, 2014

QUESTION MARKS?

P9240182
I was not quite sure what I was doing when my day began.

  Had trouble seeing the computer until I realized I had forgotten to put my glasses on.  It is good I can blame everything on old age, like falling asleep with my glasses on and forgetting to put them on to write or read in the morning.

Visiting?  Gardening? Walking?  how far?  Umbrella or jacket?   What to blog about?  Trying to stat young at heart rain or shine.  In the end it all works out.


P9240183 Between us dad and I did a bit of clean up in our front yard.  So much to be done.  So thankful it was a warm sunny day to be out side.

After we had coffee on the front porch and put food and water out for Haiti dad drove me to the hospital where Jim does not seem to be getting very much better.  He has a nice clean room with a view but sits there all alone very bored and unhappy.  He cannot read or watch T.V.

Walking the long corridor to his room at the end was tiring and then had another walk over to where dad was visiting Leah and Howard.  He was having a bad day too.  Just wanted to sleep.  Both thanked  me profusely for coming and caring.

Dad went right to sleep when we got back home.  It was  hard on both of us.  I had a warm bath.
So thankful to be home.  Too bad we were too tired out to accept Carol's supper invitation.

 Leah also appreciated our visit.


5 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Visiting the ill and infirm is very nice - exceptionally nice - but ... when it becomes a bit of an ordeal for you and Dad, possibly it is time to stop? Oh well. If you do keel over at least you will be in the right place for it!

Yard work can be soothing, although I don't do much of that these days.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

It is funny weather right now, so grey and rainy one minute and then warm and sunny the next. Randy was home last night so I did not accept Carol's invite either. Had a great week at work though, got tons of studying done so had to spend less than two hours at night at the computer. Sandra

beth bennett said...

If I only had wings to fly from one place to another it would be easier. Dad is not at all keen on me going but it is good we get see Leah at the same time. I know we brightened up her day as Howard was very unresponsive.
This will be my last year visiting. Jesus said do unto others what you would want them to do to you. A good guide line.
Thanks for the concern
love mom

Anonymous said...

No complaints about the weather here. Sunny and warm. Jasmine and MAtthew are both sick , Jesse almost over his cough, Melina and I are still ok. We may go to the melbourne show today if the little ones feel ok. It's Grand Final day today. (Like the grey cup or super owl but for Aussie rules footy ) so lots of people excited , my team did not make the finals so I don't care to muck . Although a Canadian guy Is playing for Sydney. I am getting blood tests done , I keep getting cramps , may be a lack of magnesium??
Ken

beth bennett said...

Ken that does not sound good. Get all the tests you can as you need to find out. I keep thinking you have a lot of stress. Some is good but not when it starts to wear you down.
Dad and I are doing okay just a few aches and pains of old age. Carol and Pentali are dropping by at 4.
I am still praying for you all.
love mom