Monday, September 1, 2014

ENJOYABLE

P8302212
All was quiet and peaceful.  I could have made this picture brighter but I chose not to.

Pictures of the family are in front of me.

It is amazing how the day changes when the sun comes out and brightens and warms us the day.  Dad and I went to church and heard an excellent and enjoyable sermon.  It must have been good because dad agreed with Daniel.

It is not God's will that anyone should suffer but we live in a world of corruption and violence.  Jesus died on the cross because he was fighting injustice and evil especially against the Romans who wanted to control the temple and the people.  I know that he suffers when I suffer and that his love can absorb my pain and ease my sadness.  My view of the reason He died on the cross has changed because it was not for our sins which I have always been told.  "I am loved just because I exist."  - Rob Bell

We should not forget the resurrection which brought restoration and hope and joy.  It is about the willingness to be changed from within in response to good news.   I will never find peace without realizing that peace begins with me.  I am not perfect and never will be but neither is anyone else.  But the whole point is not perfection but to be on the right path.  Jesus called it the narrow path!
 
One day I will know the joy of dancing in the light.
 
The rest of the day we enjoyed spending with Carol and Panteli, Ben and Morgan.  It was good to have a family time together and we were treated to a special supper and even desert!  I wonder if Pentali will give me the recipe?

To-morrow I believe Sandra and Randy are returning home.  Ben will be playing in the finals and he was proud of winning another best player award.

.  It is also Tasha's birthday the first of many Sept. birthdays.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, we are on our way home. Tired and full of lots of good memories. Looking forward to seeing all the animals and starting school. Sandra

Anonymous said...

It was fun having you guys over for supper! The Top Secret Recipe is take any good muffin recipe, subsitute quinoa and almond flour for the flour, and then I blended papaya and apple sauce with eggs for the batter. I think it was the papaya that made it spongy! Also, I gound up raw almonds with a nut grinder to make the almond flour. xo

beth bennett said...

I am sure mine will not taste so good but first I need to go shopping.
Thanks I appreciate that.
See you at the soccer game!
love beth

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, many birthdays in September, that's for sure.

Love,

Rick