Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A GOOD DAY


A quick walk over to the dentist and my partial was fitted in place.  I must have been nervous because I nearly bit his fingers.

I also had a good walk with Haiti and met a old friend who walks early in the morning like I used to do. 

Dad worked hard putting his brick pieces together and will finish it today.  He got so warm he retired to the shade deck to read.  He is reading Dark Assassin about a disaster that happened in London
in 1864 with the building of tunnels for a new sewer system.  Later he will come in and check the street names and any facts  he can on the computer.  Anne Perry is pretty good at getting her facts right.  Amazing how same problems crop up centuries later.

Carol dropped by to pick up Haiti and we had a short visit.  Haiti followed me around and had a nap beside the bed when I had mine.  Where ever I am whether cooking or eating there are always crumbs~

Jane is much better today but very weak.

Tavis and Shawn and baby Oliver are coming over at six tonight.

Ben  will be leaving for Mexico on Thrusday and Theres and Kim will be on Salt Spring to look after the farm while Ron flys back to Winnipeg Beah.

"The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless, unremembered  acts of kindness and of love."     W.  Woodsworth








b



2 comments:

Sandra said...

Is that picture over by the library? It was another funny weather day. Gets so hot once the sun pokes out but has a cool breeze when there are clouds.

We had to run out to Rona as soon as I got home from work as Randy had picked up the wrong baseboards. He had to lie down in the trunk as we had to fold down all the seats to get the boards in to take back. We cut the new ones in the store to make them shorter so he got to sit in a seat on the way home.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Gosh, I am sorry to hear that Jane is not well. I wonder if she became ill up at the cabin! That would be rather scary wouldn't it? So far away from your own doctor. Get well soon, Jane....you are in my daily prayers.

Sandra, did you drive home with Randy in the trunk? Oh that would look so funny, lifting the lid and he getting out! Carl did that years ago when he was in uniform and driving the police car...he gave our son, ( then 6 ) a ride to school in the trunk...because Mark wanted to do it! I was only a block, but they sure got the looks!

Isn't it a comfort to have a dog beside you? Mine are always at my side, whether I am teaching or working in the studio. Especially when I am cooking..hahha. Even the little dog from aross the street does that too. She just arrived and I am glad because it is terribly hot and humid today and she has such a coat...she is a Maltese. They sure don't take care of her. I do what I can.

Beth, would you take some photos of the brick pathway Larry is making? It would be nice to see.

Today the predicted high is 34C but with the humidity it is 42C or 110F. I have a friend who is a northern nurse and wherever she is....it is snowing. YUP. I said I would take snow over this heat and humidity any day!

Is Ben going to Mexico with the Whitecaps? Maybe for training?

Yes, we are looking forward to seeing Ron, Scott, Casey and family. Good for the girls going to the farm to look after things.

Wishing you another good day,

Love, Nancy