Wednesday, July 13, 2016

PATH

Carol dropped off Haiti for dad and I to enjoy.
I was  happy to have her take me on a walk even though she does a lot of stopping to sniff and pee.
I could do with stopping for the later too.  We take the same old path.

Dad had some energy today and decided to vacuum up the crumbs which when you eat GF there are lots of crumbs.

Dad and I started out to the library when I noticed I did not have my wallet with my cards etc. so we returned home.  The library was full of children so full of life and little ones so happy with their books.  I must admit I am too.  I now have a historical novel to read just for fun!

When we arrived home we discovered the garage door had not been closed and at first glance it seemed like his bike was missing.  Both our hearts stopped.  We have been so careful locking up and closing the garage but a reminder to be even more careful.  It was there!

Carol stopped by to have a visit and stayed for supper.  Dad is getting a bit more of an appetite and a little more energy so that is encouraging.

I was moved by the article of Justin Trudeau hugging Auschwitz survivor with tears in his eyes.
Why can we not choose a path for peace but instead face the dangerous path that continues to lead to violence.

"Humanity must learn to love our differences.  Today we bear witness to humanity's capacity for deliberate cruelty and evil.  May we ever remember this painful truth about ourselves, and may it strengthen our commitment to never allow such darkness to prevail."   Trudeau

"human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."  H. G. Wells

Our paths may seem hard at times full of rocks and thorns but it is faith that can lift us up and love that gives us the strength and courage to keep on moving on!



3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

How nice to have Haiti as a guest and to go on a walk with her! Dogs are just so wonderful aren't they? Their unconditional love is such a comfort.
Our two have been really lazy in the heat and humidity...but they are certainly entitled, they are going to be 9 on their next birthday.

The little Maltese dog from across the street comes in the cat pet door for a visit.
She has our suppertime down to a T and appears about 5 minutes beforehand.
We worry about her because she is not well cared for and offered to adopt her, but they won't give her up. She is limping now and carrying her leg. We think she was kicked, but cannot prove it.
The neighbours across the street and I are working on what we can do. I have pulled wood ticks off her daily and cut out a lot of mats. Gosh some people really make me mad.

I was glad to read that Larry's lip is beginning to heal...it would be so hard to eat or talk. Feel better soon, Larry.

Good thing you didn't lose anything from your garage!

What is the name of the historical book you got at the library? I have one to read called Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati. It takes place in 1791 in upstate New York in what they call a mountain village...hmmmm not sure they actually are mountains there! I know it is hilly. It is recommended by Diana Gabaldon, whom I like to read.

I wish you a wonderful day today....

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Randy's car automaticlly locks when he walks away from it with the fob in his pocket, too bad garage doors could not do that.

My car window was smashed last night, Randy had the fan running and we did not hear anything.

Sandra

Unknown said...

l am beginning to like JUSTIN Trudeau more and more l think he is showing a very good example for our young people and also to some of the staid and weary leaders of our poiitical systems.England seems to have got itself into a bit of a political mess l do understand why a lot of people voted to exit but l think they could have found a better way to control the overcrowding that has been taking place for many years l remember when we left britain l said if any more people get onto this island it will sink and that was back in 1958. l picked up a book at the seniors centre for 50cents . it is advertized as gloriously funny by the sunday times it is called Rachels holiday by an Irish writer Marion Keyes l will let you know if it is ant good . It will probaby take me ages ti read it l just don't seem to have or make much time for reading.Have a very good day both you and Nancy and families . Jane