Friday, July 8, 2016

MEMORIES

Happy Birthday Rick!   Phone you to-night!

Yes dad and I were nervous and excited to be
expecting this our first baby!

See you to-morrow at Sandra and Randy's for the pool party!


BLAMING!
It is an effort to go do our visiting.

Right now I am blaming the weather
for making me feel dull!

I could blame a lot of things for complicating my life.

I can get annoyed when others do not treat me fairly but really it is often that I take a comment in the wrong way.

When I do not sleep well I can blame the pillow or the mattress or noises I hear and I wonder what it is.

Some people even blame God! !
He is not Mr. Fix it but he is a good listener. There is a prayer He (she) always answers. 
"God I do not know if You are real.
I am having trouble believing in you.
I want to know that You are a living, breathing reality.
Faith is a gift that You give when we pray and open our minds and hearts to You"

Dad and I have been blaming the D.V.D.'s from the library for the picture always braking up.  We decided May it was our player that was getting worn out.  So our last stop out shopping was to buy a new one.

We arrived home just as Craig and Leah came to the door and were punching in the code.  It was good that we took the time to enjoy their visit and laugh and relax.  We are blessed to have family who take time to visit and who also care about us old gaffers.

After they left dad took about two hours to get it hooked up right.  Afterwards he said he had a headache.  I was not surprised.  Now everything is working sell.

I have heard people say why doesn't God talk to people like he did in the Bible.  He talked to Moses chosen from among many people who did not hear Him.  He told him what Moses was to do and it was a big under taking. 

I may think God is prompting me to do something but my faith tells me that He listens and He woks in mysterious ways!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, so if you have a new DVD player you can probably get Netflix now.

Sandra said...

Oh, so if you have a new DVD player you can probably get Netflix now.

nancy-Lou said...

I think we all "play the blame game" at some point in our lifetime! The weather definitely affects how I feel too Beth. My arthritis kicks up a fuss when it is damp and humid as it has been the last few weeks. At least I blame it on the weather.

I remember the anticipation of the first new baby too. We were quite young and learned about responsibility quickly. Our first son had colic and Carl's Mother was an absolute saint, staying with us for a couple of weeks. She was an amazing person and like a mother to me. I was so lucky to have her as my mother in law. She taught me pretty much everything I know about looking after a family. She was like a mother to me.

How did you and Larry make out with bringing home a new baby? Did you have help at first too? Did you live in an apartment? We lived in the police station where there were suites for the policemen and families.

I don't use the DVD player anymore and just retired it to the basement. I stream netflix and other things on the internet to our tv using a device called Chromecast...works like a charm.

Yes, our times today are so much different from the stories in the Bible.

How is Leah feeling? Wasn't she having some problems with her pregnancy? I hope they are all better now. There life sure will change with the arrival of the new baby! Exciting for all isn't it?

I have the sunroom all set up for the art class tomorrow. There will be seven in total. That is all I can host here. Otherwise I have to rent a room. It is an introduction to watercolour class. I hope some will continue on with the summer classes.

Have a lovely evening,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes I guess we should learn how to do Net flicks.

My mom came out to help but did not stay with us.

We had a small army barracks and Rick kept us all up for the first while.

Leah has pain from the pelvic bones separating which can happen especially

when you are a little bit older. She has a girdle to wear and hoping she does not have to stay in bed.

Larry is having pain with the lip cancer on his bottom lip which is looking red and angry right now. He has slowed down the last day or so.

To-morrow is Morgan's birthday and it will be at Sandra and Randy's.
Hope the weather will be decent for swimming in the pool.

Painting in a sunroom sounds lovely and I am sure your class will be fun.

Off to bed.

love beth