Friday, July 1, 2016

KNOWN





These are Kim's birthday orchards left in my care.
I will do my best but they are tricky.

I was walking around the Safeway the other day when I turn around the corner and see a lady that looks familiar; vaguely familiar.
But her hair has changed and she is much grayer and her face looks thiner and I wonder if she is who I think she is.
We smile as we get closer and I can tell she is not sure if it is me or not.  I speak and she recognizes my voice as I do hers.

Trying to listen for the voice of God can be difficult.  We bring into our belief  some of our past disappointments and expectations about how the world woks and how science and reason and logic
and doubt.  How can I encounter and know His presence.

Jacob ended up limping after his encounter with Holiness.  Surely God is in this place he said!

I believe that in looking back I have seen God at work in my life and because of that I believe He is with me and each other more than we know or realize.

"I have made your very being known to the Father
so that Your love for me
might be in them exactly as I am in them|"  John 17:28

As we celebrate Canada Day I am thankful that I am a Canadian!

Happy Canada Day.

Dad has gone for a bike ride and I am off for a walk after a quiet morning.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Canada day.
Ken

Sandra said...

I thought you were going to say you were looking at your reflection in a mirror. Randy and I had a good day getting lots of things done, for me mostly doing my own garden.

Keeping my eye on the weather forecast, fingers crossed there are some nice days so that the kids can have some pool time.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

We do change in our looks over the years and often I don't recognize people too. When I look back at photos of me, when I was a child, I cannot even relate to them. It feels as though that was someone else, it was so long ago.But the memories are still there!

That is a beautiful orchid, with vivid colours, Beth. May I give a suggestion or two on care? I have success with bringing them back into bloom and have about 6 of them. Some are a few years old now and quite large. The most important thing is to not water them too much, they will rot. I water every 2 weeks or so and give them a spray and thorough soaking in my sink with tepid water....like about a half hour. Mine like an east window and flower a couple of times a year...so when they are not in bloom, I put them in a window in the bedroom. They are not very attractive without their blossoms. They like a rest in a cool room.

I am going to be overun with zucchinis. I planted a different brand, yellow ones and they are proloific! I think I will put a table our by our road and sell them...or should I say...try and sell them. hahah! I think the cottagers will buy, because they like fresh produce. The tomatoes and cukes are coming along well too and I may be able to sell some.

How is your bird feeder doing Beth? There are very few birds at ours right now. Many have young and are being very quiet. But it will become a lot busier late in August as they birds start to "stage" for their migration south. We have a pair of Goldfinch who come for the niger seeds and they are still in their colourful breeding plumage.

It is beautiful day and I will take the dogs for a good walk. Have to take a switch to fend of the mosquitos....they are ferocious.

Have a wonderful day,

Love, Nancy