Tuesday, July 19, 2016

GOD AND ME

A very wise woman once shared with me that
when she asks God what she could do for Him
He said very clearly be my companion.

God has given us the gift of being able to
create, to visualize, to even imagine what
we see and hear and feel about God.

I believe we have a human ability to envision God if we are curious enough to make an effort.

There is no way to think of God without metaphors. A powerful mystery that can be expresses as a comforter, a law giver, a source,
a shepherd, a woman looking for a coin, a giver of life and creator of the Universe.

We all have our own views but it is okay to hear what others may think or believe as long as they do not try to convince you they are right.

I have changed my relationship with God over the years and when I read about the dancing presence I thought that is a good picture because God moves and is a joyous presence that delights in me.

For today I am off to the dentist to have my denture put in and will be taking Haiti for a walk even is it is still raining.

Dad is making a path of bricks that lead to the side gate.  He likes doing this but it is heavy work.

"We are put on this earth for a little space that we might learn to bear the beams of love,"
-William Blake

"Your only hope is to look up and see the Light of My Presence shining down on you."
Jesus Calling  - Sarah Young

Be curious as a cat who has to jump up on Sandra's lap to see what is going on.

Just received a phone call from Jane who spent the night in hospital with severe stomach pain and is now nauseated.  She would appreciate prayer.




2 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry to hear Jane is not feeling well, was this after she left for the cabin?

The weather is dreary again but should start to clear up any day now they say.

I did not find any plants, their is an elderly asian couple who I have seen over there, they must have gotten anything worth taking.

Sandr

beth bennett said...

Jane is at the cabin with her Son amd his girl friend.









Jane is at the cabin with her son and his girlfriend and Geof.

She is due to come back and go to Narramata on the bus.

She really loves it up there and loves to swim in the lake.

Hope she improves quickly.

too bad about the plants.

Off to the dentist

Love mom