Wednesday, July 6, 2016

TIME FLIES

Congratulations Jane and Geof!!!
A marriage of 60 years is amazing.
It would have been very special to share your day with you tomorrow.
I know that on such a exciting day celebrating with family and friends at Harrison will be joyous.

I was awake very early excited to see the family.  I sat by the phone forgetting I was to look on my blog for an answer.

I finally remembered and dad and I jumped in the car to speed over to a tasty breakfast.  I was lucky to sit by Simone.  She talks away and comes up with the cutest things.  She looked serious.  She loves the little tent and showed me some other toys.

She had no intention of smiling.


She does not look happy but she was but she did not feel like smiling,  must be tired after the plane ride which was a little bumpy.

One day she will look back and know how lucky she is to have a mom and dad, a grand mom and a great grand mom too.

Sebastien was having a good long nap so Mary went and woke him up.  I hope they settle in to their good sleeping patterns.

I did some catching up on Mary and Michael John's future plans.  Both of them are going to be doing more studying.

Time flies when you are with loved ones.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Beth and Larry Thank you so much for the card and your good wishes .l hann't given up entirely on seeing you to day we haven't got anybody coming except a phillippiano caregiver who is offering her services to look after Geof whilst l go to Sorrento with my cousin Carolyn who was recently ordained as an anglican priest. The day does not look too promising a weatherwise but we hope it will improve espcially for this evening when we plan to go to the Salmon house on the hill where we oght to have a great vie of Vancouver across the water Maybe you could join us then but l suspect that 6.30 is a bit late for your evening meal. You know Beth that if l could choose a sister it would be you and l would choose Jack Hooper as a brother l think he is a very wise man. Much love Jane {and Geof }

nancy-Lou said...

What a wonderful accomplishment...60 years of marriage! Happy Anniversary to you, Jane and to your husband Geoff. I wish you a wonderful day and an excellent year ahead!

Beth, I think you and Larry will be celebrating your 60th anniversary soon too, right? I don't think there will be many people celebrating 60 years of marriage in the upcoming generations. Times are different these days!

Wonderful photos of the family at Sandra and Randy's ....aren't the children adorable! You have to enjoy them now, because the seem to grow up overnight don't they? You are very blessed, Bennett family!

We were in the city today and the traffic was extremely busy, both in the city and on the highway. Beach traffic on the highway, follow too closely for highway driving, drive too slow, with a long line of impatient vehicles behind them or speed like crazy. July and August are always the worst!
I had a really close call, when a deer ran out right in front of the van...I slammed on the brakes hard and steered straight ahead...as we are taught to do...don't swerve or you can catch the shoulder and roll. I missed the deer by whiskers...but if someone was following me too closely, well there would have been an accident.

How sweet of Jane to say she would choose you for a sister! That is a great compliment, Beth and I am sure well deserved.

We got a call from Carl's surgeon today and he has an appointment to see him next Thursday to look into why he has nausea and has lost 28 lbs. So that is good! We will only travel on the highway when we have to, until things slow down.

It is time to make supper, so I will close. Have a wonderful evening,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Jane thank you for your loving words.
We have had a special relationship!
Enjoy your week end.

Nancy I agree traffic can be a nightmare. So thankful
you did not hit the deer.
I hope Carl will find some help.
It is hard to have an appetite when you feel yucky.

Love beth.