Thursday, October 27, 2016

DIGNITY

The rain was pouring down as I jumped into the car with Ev to do our study lesson at the church. I was feeling extremely tired and was not too surprised at the poor turnout.   We all seem to have
appointments for the doctor or dentist etc.  Also there are a lot of bugs floating around right now.
and even though I read it over several times I just do not remember things like I use to do.

Our conversations are interesting and as our own little community we always feel connected.  Our answers are expressed with a sense of dignity for each other and our differences.

I was still feeling too tired to make supper or to write on my blog.

I have always felt by the time you have had a baby you have lost a sense of dignity but then comes old age.  During the night I woke up feeling very dizzy and sick.  What a racket I made throwing up.  Poor dad.  It was decided that we would keep a bowl in the room along with the walker.  We aare fortunate to have our walker to help with my balance.

I do not know what caused me to be ill.  Maybe the same illness that all the crew on the airplane had. 

I have been so strict and careful eating not one crumb of the delicious banana loaf Sandra made.

Dad is extremely fatigued  today so we will both take it easy.




3 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, they say the flu has started earlier than usual this year, so maybe that was it. I should go and get the flu shot myself ...

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Oh dear Beth,I am so sorry to hear you are not well. That darned stomach flu always seems to hit at night doesn't it? I am glad you didn`t write on your blog yesterday if you were too tired to do it. I hope today is a better day for you both.
Do you and Larry get the flu shot? I am glad we did because it seems to be making an early appearance here too.

I am trying to type on my laptop with a dog sitting beside me in my chair...not much room and she keeps kissing my hands....this is Pixie the little Maltese from across the street. The one that comes in the cat pet door....she often stays all day. She has her muzzle on the laptop so I amy have to sign off....she has such a hard life living in that family...they treat her like a big outdoor dog. We have asked to adopt her but no luck so far. Have a quiet and restfull day,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

No I have not been getting the flu shot
but I am thinking about it.

So sad to see dogs mistreated.

We both had a very quiet day.

Love
beth