Saturday, October 15, 2016

WAITING

Waiting for the storm to hit again.
Had a quick morning walk before going to the blood lab.
Our nearest one was having computer problems so drove several blocks to the next nearest one.  Actually dad drove.  I went in and saw all the people there were East Indian which I had no problem with, but they sure stared at me.  The nurse was kind and let me go right in but then I could not go so I had to go home.  I came back later and had to wait.  I just finally left it in the right place and left the form.

Went over to do shopping and there were long lines I think because people wanted to make sure they were stocked up.  There is suppose to be a big wind of 100 mph tonight.  I am sure we will hear branches being blown down but it is better here than our old house.  We will not lose our power.

Drove over to Sandra and Randy's expecting to see some colour on the walls.
The bottom one is the one she thinks she will do.
I love their street.  Reminds me of Saskatoon!

Both dad and I are waiting for results.
We expect it will be fine.

Thank you Nancy my friend Pearle was always advising me.

My lesson no matter what I am waiting for is to be thankful for the moment.
What a miracle to see Lincoln and Shawna on Skype.  They have a little bit on snow so pretty.  Lincoln is play soccer to-morrow and we already saw him give the ball a good kick!

Now my day is coming to a close so just waiting till it is time for bed, even this moment has a message!




3 comments:

Sandra said...

Thank you so much for going to all that hard work shopping and cooking for us. I guess it does not look like we did much during the day, but every step takes time, all the ripping out, filling the trailer, going to the dump, cleaning up.

I ended up sleeping on the couch with Peanut. She had an accident in the night and after we had gotten the carpet cleaned I wanted to let Randy get a better sleep so I just stayed down here.

We had a little bit of wind, but certainly did not live up to all of the dire predictions.

We will be off to buy the paint today and hopefully get a coat on all of the walls. Then next weekend the final carpet will get ripped out in the family room and then just waiting for the hardwood.

Sandra

Unknown said...

How about this wild weather.So sad about the young boy losing his life.Yes we used to loose power very frequently in the houses on the ridge and we both had trees close to our homes which is always concerning in high wind.We had a tree just in the next block fall down over the back lane clean up crews and the police were very prompt in arriving to sort out the problem and then to remove another big but weak looking tree alongside. lt was quite dramatic and the arbourist was very skilled at doing a dangerous job.l hope it will be calmer today and that we may even get to walk up to church which is only two blocks away.Hope that your test results provide good news.Bye for now. Love Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

OOOOOH such a pretty shade of green for Sandra's house....one has to be confident when choosing strong colours and I am sure she is! i wonder what colours she is planning for accents? Thanks for posting this Beth!
There street looks so pretty...is it a cul de sac? They are really nice and quiet too.

Did all the Bennets escape safely through those strong storms that rolled through? I hope so! I remember how intense they can be, when we were on Vancouver Island. Everything on the house would be flapping and the trees would bow down almost to the ground.

Glad you got your sample in to the lab OK Beth....hope you try the apple cider vinegar...it beats the strong drugs one has to take and it works very well. I don't mind drinking a tblsp or two in an 8oz glass of water. I can use less water now...it isn't bad at all. Just don't try it straight...YEOW....I did that to Carl once and he sure had a coughing fit..poor guy.

I am going to start a new painting today...the subject matter is a village in Spain with the super moon rising above it. There will be lots of colour glazing...which is FUN to do...but unpredictive.

I wish you a Blessed Sunday,

Love, Nancy