Friday, October 14, 2016

IT HAPPENS

I walked over to the park.

It happens is one of Craig's favorite sayings.

Many trees are being blown out of the ground by the wind.  Rain is making rivers ripple across the road.  Leaves are doing a dance flying through the air.
The lights flicker and we wonder if they will go out.

We had a busy morning with Carol coming for a visit around noon.  She has a nasty cough but believe it or not she took antibiotics and then stopped because they did not cure it right away.  Their is a nasty bug going around and she should get back on them or even get some stronger pills. 

Sandra and Randy came by to get our generator because they always have power failures. 
It happens.  They were in a rush to get back to the mess.  They too looked tired.  I guess the colour of the walls has been chosen if she is painting.  It happens.

Dad drove me through the poor visibility with the wind and the rain to White Rock to see my doctor.
After waiting for an hour dad went out to sit in the car.  I know that having to wait does happen but I was tired out and did not want to take up time asking questions.  My test results are good except for some nasty little bugs in my bladder.  I agreed to have the test done again.  We cannot go to the nearest clinic as their computer system is falling.  It happens.

Kim also dropped in to have a rest in her room.  We left her sleeping and when we got home she was leaving for work. 

Yes we are all creating the story that is true to who we are.  Sometimes questions like "why" are important.  Or the question may be "why not me"? 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

No, I have not chosen the wall colour. Maybe tomorrow. Too much other things to do today. Thank you again for the generator, the power was out when we got home.

I am very happy to have a surgery date so soon for my hand. It Seems to be getting worse every day now, I guess because I am using it so much.

Peanut stepped off the curb wrong on our walk last night and hurt her knee. I had to sit down with her for a while till she could get up. I guess I will have to do shorter walks with her for a while. My vet is off work for a while, when she is back I will get her to give me lessons on giving Peanut shots for her knees.

Well, going for my walk now before the wind and rain are back

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Awe, poor peanut. It is a good thing you and such a kind and caring dog owner and sat with her for a while. She must have arthritis. I gave our dog, Dixie shots of lasix for his failing heart and they were easy to do...just under the skin on the scruff of the neck. Hope Peanut feels better Sandra. The weather sure wouldn't help. Let us know your colour choice.

Sorry to hear you have some bad bugs in your bladder, Beth. I have heard about miraculous cures for bladder infections using apple cider vinegar. I take a tablespoon in a glass of water twice a and feel lot better...even my vision improves. I buy Bragg's apple cider vinegar and have been taking it for years.

WOW that is one huge storm that is hitting the coast. I hope you and all your family are OK....stay away from trees. Keep warm.

I hope Carol feels better soon. There are some bad bugs making the rounds here and I am hoping my piano and art students stay healthy and don't bring the bugs to us. I am pretty immune to them, but Carl has a compromised immune system.

I think doctors are very inconsiderate for running later them a half hour unless there has been an emergency. Our doctor is the head of internal medicine and a gerontologist at a large teaching hospital in Winnipeg and he runs pretty much on time, but if he is late he is always very apologetic. Such a nice man and a good doc!

Well I am off to get ready for my piano and art class today. Lots to do! Have a good day,


Love, Nancy