Sunday, October 2, 2016

LOOKING BACK

Looking at his old tree stump reminds me of all the years that have gone before me.

Sunday was a glorious fall day!

So good to be alive even though health problems have to be faced and dealt with.  Dad's stomach was better but his feet are extremely sore.  It would have been great if we could have driven to the beach and had a walk in the sand and the fresh air.  I am getting dad to try the BRAT diet which helps the bowls.  I am hope he will try it for a few days.  Tonight he is going to take his pain pills to see if they help his feet but they may upset his stomach.  We take it a day at a time and trail and error is part of our plan.  He needs to go to his family doctor.

I went off to church by myself and was so glad to be back.
Our minister tells a story about the ancient Bible story and it is much easier to relate to.
The children stay in the service and run around and enjoy some crafts on little tables.
We had communion.  My friend and I had gluten free pan cake instead of bread,
Our minister was available for any one who wanted prayer.
I wanted to go up but there were several who really needed it so I did not.

Looking back over our family life I can understand some of my mistakes better and also the mistakes of others.  An understanding heart frees me to find comfort, forgiveness and healing.

"Our chief want is some one who will inspire us to be what we know we can be." -
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I am reminded that I like each one of us deserves to be loved because we are lovable with all our warts etc.



5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Looking Back....well I have almost as many rings on that tree as you do Beth. 72 of them! We do make some really good decisions and some poor decisions in our life...but I guess that is what it is all about...a learning experience for the next lifetime!

I love children, but think they would create a distraction in the church service. I know I cannot focus when children are making noises..as they will! Maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy! hahah! One of the churches here has a communion service at 9:30 and a family church service at 11:00 am.

Mark our son has a new little kitty and she is sooo cute! She is about four months old and a Calico girl....lots of orange and black and white and she is a sweetie. His male cat Rex is a true gentleman to her. It is funny to watch their antics. She was a stray rescued off the streets of Winnipeg. Mark got her from a friend of mine who rescues cats and kittens. She has found homes for almost 30 of them. A true angel.I will post a photo of her on FB.

Well I had better get busy, lots to do today!I hope Larry feels better...Carl has bowel problems too and lots of pain. I put flax seeds on his cereal which helps him but he is waiting for a colonoscopy.

Love, Nancy

Unknown said...

Glad you made it to church. It was world wide communion day so we were having communion too and Geof even took it which is unusual . also our young minister who is in charge of children and young adult programming and who was ordained jut afew months ago had a covenanting service so that he is now officially a minister at west van united .Our services are live streamed and can be viewed anytime.Sorry to hear of Larry's continuing health problems. You both Maintain such a positive attitude inspite of sett backs .much love and prayer for returning .health. Jane

Sandra said...

I am too tired to comment. Having Peanut is like having a newborn baby, I need to get some sleep. Mary is off work again today, she went in in the morning but had to go home as she is still just too sick. We have a storage container coming on Friday and then 2 strong guys on Saturday to move stuff in. Then the real work will start.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

What are you renovating? Sounds like a large project Sandra. Do you have to move out? Poor peanut misses her buddy. Hope she gets better soon and you can get more sleep.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Got home to a leaking pipe and mini flood in our front yard. The leaking pipe was not in the slab as he suspected. The Plummer came and fixed a pipe that was split poss due tree roots. Only took two,hours. The Plummer says our hot water system is about to blow up (as I expected ) the quote get is $3200 to replace the old water heater . The fix I did on our shower floor seems to have worked. Melina back to work today , and she is not looking forward to it. The weather is really bad.Cold and wet , should get better by Thursday. I am back to work tomorrow 12noon start. What is that diet Dad is going on ?
Ken