Monday, March 12, 2018

AFFIRMATIONS

Early morning sunshine.

A wonderful welcome back at church with everyone so pleased to see us.

The message message of salvation and forgiveness found in the loving arms of God.
The light of Jesus transforming our darkness.
Salvation can mean different things to different people.  If you are hungry it is food, if you are homeless it is shelter, and if you are lonely it is friendship.

You know you are loved when your daughter comes to dig up all the dead branches and bring new life back to my garden.

An old friend named Brian, comes by and gives me a hug.  Yes, another dog walker who has missed me as well as Haiti.

Salvation is leaving the past behind and receiving the gift of hope for today and the days ahead.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

You are an early bird with your blogs lately, Beth! How wonderful to go to church again. I am glad that you both were feeling better and able to go. The church family is so important and I do miss them. I am thinking of maybe giving it a try again...with a new way of looking at things...not sure yet...but maybe.

As I get older, crowds are not my thing! Even small crowds like we have a our little church seem to much at times. I think I could become a recluse!

Wasn't that a lovely thing for Sandra to do? Clean up your garden....I know she has a lot of gardening at home to do too. She must enjoy it very much. I used to really like that too and then watch for the new shoots coming up. But the deer put an end to my garden days...something I am not happy with. If people realized how much damage feeding the deer causes to our forests and how the deer bring in predators that we never had before, they might think twice about feeding them so they can 'enjoy' looking at them.

Most of the undergrowth is gone from our local bush...all overly browsed, which means more light gets in and it changes what grows underneath...like berries. Just one example.

We never used to have deer come through our yard at all...but now they come on a daily basis and not one or two...BUT 12 or 14. Our neighbour feeds them. it is against the law...but it isn't enforced.

We had a dental appointment today, but we cancelled it because Carl wasn't feeling well. So that means I can take the dogs for a nice walk.

We are going to have a lovely week, with above normal temps and not snow, but the trade off is I see it is going to be cooler and rainy for you, on the coast. Usually that is the way...good weather for you means bad for us and visa versa.

I wish you a lovely day and hope you can get out for a walk or to putter in your garden.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

A day to be enjoyed!