Monday, March 5, 2018

IMPRESSIONS


Our first impressions of Hamlet were very good.
Dad and I got to know him a bit better when he went to Sandra and Randy's for dinner.  It was great for us to be with some one talkative to brighten up our day.  We find his life as an intern family doctor interesting. also how he is getting use to our cold weather.  Kim had to work which was too bad.  He was going to take the bus home but dad would not hear of it.  The drive home did seem very long as it was our first trip on that new highway.  No. 17 I believe..
We arrived to find Sandra and Randy busy in the kitchen.  We enjoyed a chicken casserole and a excellent desert.  Pineapple up-side down cake.  One of my favorites.





Dad and I were asked out for lunch today but I had a lot of sinus pain and his stomach was upset again.  Istarted cleaning up the garage when Leah and Craig and the girls arrived.  We had a very enjoyable visit.  They are both very entertaining.


Ophelia is very bright and is helpful cleaning up too!


I cannot catch any smiles today but enjoyed feeding Astrid.  She is growing and very active too when she is awake.

Time for me to rest now.



5 comments:

Sandra said...

Another couple of busy days for you guys. Hope you are both feeling better soon. Simone and Sebastien are home today as they have fevers. Mary had to go to work so Mike is watching them.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

That is too bad Simone and Sebastien are not well.

I am better but do not know about dad.

Off for a walk.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

That Hamlet is one handsome fellow and he has a winning smile, doesnt he? How nice to be getting to know him better. He and Kim make a beautiful couple. Are they engaged?

Your dinner sounds delicious. I do like pineapple upside down cake.It is a family favourite in our house too.

What a lovely family Craig, Leah and the children make! The baby is really growing...just look at the chubby cheeks. And Ophelia is so darned cute. How nice they drop in often and bring you some cheer!

I spent part of the day in my studio working on the upcoming workshops. They take a lot of planning. then had the usual cooking and house cleaning chores to do. the bird cage will have to wait until tomorrow. Carl has an appointment with his doctor for the physical for his upcoming surgery. thankfully it is in Pine Falls, the neighbouring town and not in Winnipeg we they received a whallop of snow and driving is really bad...ice rutted roads and lots of slipping and sliding and accidents.

I don't know what to watch...the Jets hocky game or the Mens Curling. Probably curling.

Have a lovely evening,

Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy you are sure busy with all your appointments.

Kom and Hamlet are not sure about their future
but they are an awesome couple.

Love beth

Anonymous said...

I had a good time, thanks for taking me to Sandra's house and thanks to Sandra for inviting me over. It really made my day.