Sunday, March 4, 2018

REFECTIONS

Reflections are amazing.  It is very cold here today and the little rain looked like snow.

As I reflect back on my life I see things from a different perspective.  I can laugh at the silly mistakes.

Dad and I were worried about both Rick and Ken and happy things are looking hopeful.  We were worried about Ken taking that long, long flight that would contribute to the thrombosis.  We do hope he is resting now.

I was not up to going to church even though I had planned on going.

I believe that when religion becomes a path that has the power to transform us it is a good thing.

The crucifixion seemed to be the worst thing could happen to him and to his disciples.

Love transforms.

From the cross flows a message that is forgiveness and love.  If we reflect upon this event we can see with new eyes the hope and healing that flows the heart of Jesus.

Right now I am waiting for Kim and Hamlet to arrive.  Then we are taking Hamlet with us to Randy and Sandra's while she goes to work.

We are looking forward to getting out!

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

did you know that reflections always go back the way they came from? That is a rule in composition in art. So if a tree is leaning to the left the reflection also leans to the lest. so many people want to continue it onwards.

Nice photo of a reflection Beth. My hext workshop is a sunset with an island and trees refecting in the water of the bay. There are loons in it as well. I teach on Saturday and looking forward to it very much.

I bet our temperature was almost as warm as yours today. It was plus 5C. but there is a strong wind from the east blowing in the snow storm. We are expecting rain and ice pellets first then a change over to snow. I am glad we don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. I think carl has a doctors appointment in Pine Falls, for a medical and if the roads aren't too bad our son can drive him. if not..he can change his appointment. He is having bladder tumor resection surgery in April.

We watched curling today...there are two Manitoba teams in the Briar this year, because they changed the format. All the more to cheer for. Excellent curling so far.
I took the dogs for a walk and they were so happy...skipping along and running too, which meant I had to run as well. Not too far though.

Did I tell you,my friends from Iraq are finally coming to Canada in two months? They are just so happy. His brother Sami is already in Winnipeg and he is very kind...sends me such nice messages wishing me blessings and says how good God is. I will meet him when I meet the family when they arrive at the airport. I am making a crocheted lion for the little girl and will come up with a gift for each of his children. there are five kids.

I made a chocolate fudge bundt cake today and cannot believe that there is only half of it left. We had a piece each when it was done...and then we had a piece each for supper...that is 6 pieces in all and I sent a large piece over to my son's with Bob, the son who is living with us. I really shouldn't have had any and know I will pay the price later. But it was worth it! YUPPERS>

Well I guess I will go and watch the third period in the Jets game. I believe they are in third place overall in all the divisions....they have a great team this year. I think they will be in the playoffs. So much sports to watch and the Blue Jays games start at the end of March. YAY.

Have a great evening...are you watching the Academy Awards? I never do...but the dresses are fun to look at later.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

We did not watch the awards.
We know so little about the actors or the movies they are in.

Have fun at your classes.

Love beth