Wednesday, March 21, 2018

HARMONY

The sun is bringing out the flowers.  One by one they add beauty and harmony to time and space.

I was feeling weary yesterday but I think I have done well.  It is time now to act my age and continue to work of being in harmony with family and relationships and the plants and animals.

Reading about the Indigenous people I think back to my dad and all he did learning and teaching young boys about the native culture.  These boy scouts stayed with him for years as young men.  For at least one he was a father figure.  They sent letters of appreciation in later years.  They all became successful.

Mom never changed her opinion of the Indians as the ones she saw were drunk.

They camped out using natural life giving plants etc.   They learn ed drumming and dancing. They even made their own costumes and made a real tepee.  I wish we had talked more about this. In later years he talked about castles in England and his life there.

"Harmony an exchange of energy.
Important for all relationships.
The perfect love of the Creator has the power to give birth to an inner strength that is a life sustaining force.

Harmony with self, with family and community and also with the natural and spiritual world."
-The Knowledge Seeker  by Blair Stonechild.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I was talking to Tasha to see if she would be coming on Sunday but she is heading down to Vernon to help her brother find an assisted living place for her mom.

A week from now I will be in Ontario driving to Kingston to help Mary move.

My flowers are really growing in the front yard, so I hope the snow they are talking about stays away from our house.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Snow? Now? Too bad we will miss Tasha and Justice and Kim.

We always have a fun time at your place.Thanks for the invitation.

Love mom