Friday, March 9, 2018

DOWNER

Yes it is too far to walk right now but I will keep trying to go a bit farther.  I know Aneta is encouraging me to try but I have learned to set my own pace and not over do it.  I think I did that on Thursday after a  walk in the rain.  I rested a lot the rest of the day and am thankful I can do that because rest can be healing.

Yes, reading about Christianity as a exclusive religion has made me think. 

Yes there are hundreds of religions in the world.  How does one choose one?  Do we need it?
Does your religion want to save you from other religions?  Does it want your total commitment?
Different churches even preach a different Jesus.  Who is right?
Was Jesus human or divine or both?
Is the God of the Old Testament different than the New Testament?

What was the true message of Jesus?
Was it to be prepared for the judgment by the Son of Man?

Was it  a apocalyptic  message relevant to his day?

Be prepared for the end by loving God and each other and then you will enter the Kingdom of God.

Today the sun has fooled the weather people and has arrived early this morning.
I think dad and I will drive to White Rock or something just to get out.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

It is a good thing to rest if you have over extended yourself and are tired. I do worry about you walking...and walking too far. It happens to me...I am enjoying the walk so much, especially if I am walking along the lakeshore and see ducks or geese in the water and want to identify them...BUT I have to walk the same distance back home! I take my cell phone with me now, but haven`t have to call for a rescue yet!

Hmmm now that is a lot of questions about religion, Beth. I read them all and thought about them, but don`t know the answers!

Is it considered to be spring now at the coast? I have a friend who moved to Deep Bay on the Island and she is a wonderful professional photographer. She put some enticing photos on her FB page today of shrimp that she bought at the wharf, straight from the fishers. Deep Bay was our favourite place to rent a house. We stayed for three months and loved it there. We looked at houses that were for sale in the area, but Carl wouldn't commit! So we are still here.

The bird feeder is beoming busier now even though it is still wintertime.
The Pine Siskins arrived back again. they love niger seed and unforunately I am out of it. They will eat other seeds as well. They are jaunty little birds..heavily streaked in browns and blacks but they have some lovely yellows on them as well. They are lovely to listen to when they are singing in a flock...cheerful.

We had a rabbit too, and his paws were already starting to turn brown...nothing else yet. I hope he is careful. i am sure I saw a fisher on a road just behind our land. They are ferocious.

I am working on the next workshop, Loons and sunset which is scheduled for March 17th. It takes quite a bit of organizing before I actually teach. I enjoy it a lot!

I wish you a wonderful day today and hope you get a good walk in!

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

You are very wise to set your own pace when walking as you know your body best. It takes a while to recover after an injury and as long as you keep moving and rest when you need to, you should be good to go.

Your questions on religion gave me food for thought. Being raised Catholic, I had to let go of some beliefs that I questioned and remember that some of those beliefs were someone’s interpretations that I could like or not. I like to think of spirituality and a belief in the higher power, for sure. Someone once told me, many years ago, that they thought God was the good in a person and not a figure which gave me something to think about. I believe that if we are kind, forgiving, don’t judge others, live our lives to the best of our ability knowing what we know at the moment, be thankful for what we are and have been given, and be open to growing and learning then we are doing a pretty good job. Thank you for getting me thinking.
Take care and stay well.
Germaine

Sandra said...

As long as you are up and moving you are doing good. I will be attempting my old walk to pilates today which is up and down the big hills. Funny because to a real athlete they would not even blink at running up them but I will be feeling the pain afterwards for sure.

Peanut had a very restless night last night. Might have a nap after working in the garden.

I have more eggs for you.

Sandra