Thursday, March 8, 2018

WORDLESS

At the end of the day I was feeling very wordless.  My brain a blank.  Too tired to think.

Dad had wirden his bike through the Water Shed and over to the duck pond.  I miss going to both places as they are to far for me to walk right now.

So on the way to the store we drove their.  It is a very calm place and we enjoy seeing children their too.  Lots of ducks.

I am reading a book by historians about how Jesus became God by Bart D.Ehrman.

It has left me wordless in many ways.  Scholars debate and have many views

The gospels have different. ideas.

Mark, an early gospel stresses the baptism of Jesus where a Voice from Heaven speaks saying :You are my beloved Son with whom I am well pleased.  Earlier versions may have said You are my Son today I have begotten you.

Matthew and Luke see him as a holy child right from conception and his birth.
Matthew has Jesus fulfilling prophecy.

Then there is the gospel of John.
He believes Jesus was a pre existed divine being. 
A gospel full of divine miracles  that proved he was more powerful than the demonic forces.

Jesus became a voice that spoke out against the religious voices of his day.
Causing his death.  

His resurrection becomes would become the act that exalted Jesus to his disciples who shared this news after they had been cowards leaving him to die alone.

He reveals there is life after death.

I believe in the words of the gospel more than 
ever and I accept their teachings with a faith that can be open to citical thought.

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, I felt so sorry for you when I read that it is too far for you to walk to the duck pond. How about a little scooter for you? Just think of all the things you could do! Larry has his bike and you can use the scooter and the doors will open for you both.
You can rent a scooter and see if you like it.

It is nice to read how your faith in the gospel is so strong. It brings us hope doesn't it?
There are so many books avaiable now regarding religion and faith.

Wwehave a large flock of Pine Grosbeaks at the bird feeders. I had to go out early and spread seeds on the ground for them as they are ground feeders. They are a dusky pinky red colour and a large bird with a wispy call. The REd Polls have returned too, in a large flock. They are such a pretty bird. Brown striped birds with a jaunty red cap and the male birds have a red streaked breast that is quite startling.

How is Ken doing? is he out of the hospital and recovered from the thrombosis?

How is Rick too? Any word on tests etc? It is a worry when our 'kids' our not well isn't it? I keep them both in my prayers as I always do for you and Larry.

Well I must get ready to go to Selkirk....have a great day,

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

I watched an interesting movie last night, don't remember what it was called. The message in a round about way was how we edit the story of our own lives and our part in others lives, so often the versions don't match when people compare them. Or as another show I just watched said, if we are always the hero in our own story, it just makes sense that we are probably the villain in some one else's.

I too have been very tired this week, have the sinus headache thing going on. Peanut is restless at night and is falling more than ever. I am try to telepathically ask her is she is ready to go, as I do not think it is going to be that far off. With her constant bladder infections, arthritis, pancreatitis and torn ligaments in her knee she does not have much too look forward to. Trying to justify in my mind already my decision.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Awe, Sandra, my heart goes out to you. What a hard decision to make. I remember our vet saying 'you will know' and I did.

I hung onto my Parson Russell dog and he was so ill, with cancer. He had anal cancer and had surgery...but the vet coudln't get it all.

I just couldn't let him go...he was the love of my life...truly was. charlie.

One day we were in Winnipeg with him and when I took him out for a whiz...he was so confused and so ill...I called the vet right there and then and within a half hour he was at rest.

I knew and you will too....the time will come. I keep you in my heart...and know you will find the strength and comfort to get through it. Sending hugs to you and to Peanut too.

beth bennett said...

Kenis resting and I think doing better.

Rick is waiting for results and tests.

Hard decision for Sandra.

It is a sad.

Love mpm