Saturday, March 10, 2018

HELP

The    day stated . with heavy dark clouds but then these big white fluffy ones took over.Teamwork took over cleaning up the house.  Dad did downstairs sand I did upstairs.  Then we decided to put our worries about the new printer not work behind us and head to White Rock beach,


On the way.

We sat on the bench in the sunshine to drink in the beauty and the calmness
 of the ocean.  Time seems to stretch out before us and we feel peaceful.

People walk and jog before us on our bench,young and old.

I returned home to have a long chat with Cathy on the phone.  She has been such a good friend.

Then the worries started with dad getting all these strange numbers on his Iphone which said we had a missed call.  The calls were continuous and dad thinks we are being hacked. 

I worried all night. 




2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Your day yesterday sounds lovely. I enjoyed seeing photos of your travels. I don't think there is anything more relaxing than sitting along the oceanfront, listening to the waves and the ducks. I do miss that very much.

The big white cumulous clouds are what we see in the spring, summer and fall times. They indicate warming on the ground...so spring must have arrived in Vancouver.
I noticed some cumulous clouds as we were driving to Selkirk the other day...hopefully they are the harbinger of springtime!

It is cold at night though, like -17. But the strong sun and the longer days make it feel encouraging.

Now that is teamwork...Larry doing the housework downstairs and you doing the upstairs...how do you get him to help? My husband is getting lazier and lazier...at least that is what I tell him! He used to do the dishes on occassion, but since our son is here, he usually does the dishes...so his dad gets 'off the hook'.

Do you have some early flowers blooming in your garden? I have a friend who lives in Scotland who is an excellent photograper. He put up a photo of snowdrops in the countryside amongst mountains that was spectacular. It makes me want to go there. My Scottish roots are through my Ulster Irish family, who were relocated to Ireland at the time of Cromwell ....in the 1600's...but I feel the stir in my heart when I see such beautiful photos and hear the pipes.

My Father was born in Belfast. My Mother was born in Ontario, but her parents were from England.

Well it is lunch time here so I must run along...I wish you a good day today.

Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Nancy
Spring flowers are sowing their faces.

Dad knows if we want to stay in our home we both have to help.

That is what I tell him.

Another lovely day.

Love beth