Wednesday, June 27, 2018

DECISIONS


Dad returned to the Water Shed on his bike and there he met a little lost dog.  His owner had gone on ahead and the dog, who was old and tired returned to the entrance of the park.  Dad talked with him until he heard the owner calling out for the dog in the distant forest.

They were then reunited and dad carried on his way.

I did my usual walk with Aneta.  She has had a good offer on her house she is selling.  It is subject to the home inspection.  She has done well with all the legal work of her husband's death and now selling their home.

I find that I have good days and not so good.  Today was an effort.  I did some baking waiting for a friend to call to let me know if she could come over.  It was disappointing but the cat needed to go to the vet and that decided the day for her.

Some days I  feel that I I have done something worthwhile which helps me feel happier.

I am shutting my eyes when I watch T.V. and even when I am reading and I forget to open them.  Yes, I am dozing off.

My goal is to find enjoyment in the simple everyday pleasures and to be content.

We all search for purpose and meaning even as we are on the last lap of our lives.
We struggle with confusion and aches and pains.
We are thankful we are not alone but feel surrounded by loving caring family and friends.
     
                                           
                                             We will cross the bridge when we come to it.
We do not like changes but they will come and I am thankful that deep within me there is a feeling of something I can trust to always be there.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

That is good dad was able to help with the dog. It could have ended much worse if the dog wandered onto the road.

I am dropping off two of the kittens to be fixed today and looks like I will have them still when Mary gets here.

Sandra

Client Strengths said...

Mom, do you and Dad want to drive me to Chilliwack on July 3rd? Are you guys up for long driving these days?

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, carol needs to go to Chilliwack on Tuesday July 3rd, and I start teaching in Surrey at 1:00 pm till 7:00 pm. Also, one complication is that Carol's license is expired, so she will have to get her license Tuesday morning because Monday is a stat holiday. xo pantlei

beth bennett said...

Yes Carol we would love to drive you.
We are driving a little more now.
Looking forward to see you.Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Well done Dad!

I fall asleep too while watching TV and reading. Got more sleep last night, but still haven't noticed a big improvement yet from the CPAP machine, except the crazy, repeating dreams have gone away.

Is Carol back to stay, or is this just a visit?

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Decisions....yes as we age there are decisions we have to make that we don't want to....but they are necessary. I have made a lot of decisions lately and just hope they are the right ones! It can be daunting to have to make these decisions on your own when you are used to making them with your husband for 58 years.

I hope that you can make decisions easily and they are the right ones for you. Aging is sometimes scary and there are things we don't want to face....but somehow courage is found and we go ahead with life!

I hope you find more energy Beth...but don't feel guilty if you need to rest...that is a good thing too. I find I am more tired now too and can use an afternoon nap. Be good to yourself and just 'go with the flow'.

It is another scorcher here with temperatures near 30 and the humidity is high. I am thankful for the airconditioners.

It is another beautiful day for us...isn't it?

have a lovely evening...I will watch the Blue Jays game...I sure miss watching them with Carl, but my son, Bob will often watch part of them with me.

Love to you both,
nancy

My artist rep came today and we got together some of my art which is on plaques as well as some art cards for the local summer restaurant which is opening tomorrow. She is hanging it for me. She is very helpful and kind.

What a 'good news story' that is...about Larry and the little dog. I am so glad he waited with him until his owner was found. People need to keep their pets on a leash where they are safe. Good for you Larry! Another good deed done. Your brownie points are really going up in heaven!

beth bennett said...

Yes dad did good and I am proud of him making the effort to ride his bike,

Off for my morning walk now!

Love beth