Tuesday, June 12, 2018

GENEROSITY


I think we all want to be generous.

This is one of the good things about our church where we are encouraged to think about others and to share our resources with all in need.  I am glad that dad and I can take on this simple task and also feel a little more connected to those who do so much around our church.  There is always repair work as well as yard work before time for coffee.  We had a good visit with our minister Dale and the guys who were working.  They are very generous with sharing their time and their skills.

I am thankful for our library because I always love to have several books to read.

An old friend dropped in later in the day to share with us the news that her husband wants out of their marriage.  She totally shut down when she heard this news from him as it was so unexpected.  Thankfully she was able to realize that it was not all her fault.  She is sad and also her dog is dying just like Peanut and she fears the time she will be all alone.

She has been a very generous person and a good friend.  

I am reminded that often in life we are like one of my plants in the garden that need a strong stake to help hold them up.  We need to be generous with our time and our compassion when others are hurting.  Emotional support is so important.

My children have been so generous and supportive to me and dad and I am so grateful.  

All I have to worry about is a gardener who does not want to garden!

Dad goes to the doctor about his knee x-ray in the morning.
It has been bothering him but he rode his bike again today so that is great.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

That is very sad to hear of another marriage ending. I wish I could be of more practical use to Mary. I wish I could be there to help with the kids and give here some time to get out and find some activities to relieve stress and find her new happy place. But, if wishes were horses...

I am glad that you have passed on the generosity gene to me. I think my natural tendency leans towards holding on to things and wanting them all for my self, but over the years I have found sharing and giving away really does make you happier.

Just like kittens do. We love our kittens! They are all over us now, following us around and meowing if we dare to close a door and keep them out. It is hard to believe that we get thanked for taking in the kittens and doing this service, since it just seems to us like we get all the fun. Well, except for when we have to give them up.

Is your gardener still not wanting to pull any weeds?

So happy to see it raining this morning, my garden is so dry. Now it will get warm out and every thing will grow like crazy.

Oh, and I got eggs for you and was going to bring them over to you yesterday but then there was that accident where I would have to turn to your house. As happens here all exits out then became plugged, no matter what way you wanted to take. Took me an hour and a half to get home rather than the usual 25 minutes.

Sandra

beth bennett said...


Sandra
You are a great writer!
and also very generous.
Yes we all wish we could do more.
I would not have any patience for kittens.

Glad to have some rain.

No word from the gardener.
Maybe dad and I will do some work in the yard to-morrow.

We will not be going anywhere unless to the store.

I will try to do some blog after I take a 20 minute walk.

Love mom

Shandel said...

Oh my! How can he be a gardener if he doesn't want to garden? All good gardeners know you have to pull weeds. And regularly or they will take over. Maybe time to tell them not to come back and find a new one lol. I too wish I did more or feel I need to. Sometimes it's so easy helping and being generous but we must remember to always fill our own cup or we won't be able to help anyone!
Sad when marriages end. Especially after so many years. But most ppl don't get the courage to do what really makes them happy. Humans are quite complex. Technology is a tricky thing. So helpful until it stops working. I would hide a key for sure. And you would hope it would tell you when the battery is dying. Cameron sometimes talks about getting one of those code door locks too. We found out yesterday our condo board approved us to have a new door installed. Ours isn't leveled well and you have to use strength from incredible hulk to lock and unlock it.