Monday, June 25, 2018

THE PAST

This is the Town and Country Hotel and Restaurant where we often stopped on our way home from Vancouver.It will  soon be a thing of the past as it is being torn down.  It seems a shame but now it is not being kept up so inside it looks sad.

 We went in to Vancouver  for the skin cancer doctor and also the eye doctor.  They were the best in giving good care but also the way they respected dad and listened to him. They have retired and we now go to White Rock.  Yes, so that too is in the past.

We all have been shaped by our past hopefully to prepare us for our future.

Fear is the motivation that can make us want to return to our past.

Returning to the past never works.  I have a friend who wants to dig up the past but I tell her it is better yo let sleeping dogs lie and let the work of healing continue.

I walked right past the street I usually turn up  on my evening walk.  It was okay it was good to walk a little further.  T.J. my neighbor sees me and reminds me to stick my chest our and I laugh at him, but then I realize I do lean forward a little too much.

Dad had a blood check-up today and everything looks good.  There was no one in the clinic when he went over.  That meant he got excellent service.

On the way over he was driving through a left turn on 64 when a car speeded  through the intersection on a pure red light.  He served past dad but it was an unnerving experience.
Dad has had many close calls in his past and I believe he was protected by the unseen hand of God.

This past month has gone by quickly and I am looking forward to July when family arrives.

They always bring new life into our daily routine.

Part of our spiritual work is to welcome the future and the new lessons we will learn while continuing to be thankful for our past lessons and experiences.

5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

It is such a shame to see really lovely building town down for what? usually a monstrosity.

Yes, the past is gone and we cannot do a thing about it and the future is unsure...so today is the day we need to grasp and live life to the fullest.

I am still receiving sympathy cards...there has been almost 60 in the mail. Carl had so many friends, both clients, friends and family. They are lovely to read and all help with the healing process. It is wonderful to know that I am loved and cared about by so many.

I am still working on the executor stuff, but nearly finished. Just have some banking things to take care of tomorrow. My girls...yes I have to adopted daughters now and am so very lucky. Caroline is Bob's wonderful girlfriend and Shelley is Marks. They have been a tremendous help lately. They are taking me out to lunch tomorrow! YUP. ME! I am blessed. so I can so a little shopping and banking as well.

We have to clear out Carl's office and that will be a big undertaking as it contains 42 years worth of stuff. he never threw anything out.

It must be a lot more convenient for you and Larry to go to White Rock for doctors than downtown Vancouver. Also cheaper parking rates I bet.

Good for you Beth, getting out there and doing larger strides in your walk and sticking your chest out...I admire your tenacity and strength...you have achieved a lot since you fractured your hip. Keep it up! Every day you will get stronger.

I was practicing the Tai Chi exercises with my iPad today, getting ready for my return to TAi Chi tomorrow and boy oh boy am i out of practice and shape. I hope my instructor takes it easy on me. I just know he will put me up at the front of the class so he can keep an eye on me and of course that is in front of everyone else...oh boy!

Well it was another lovely day wasn't it? Have a good sleep,
Love to you both,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thank You Nancy.
Sending you healing loving thoughts.
Love Beth

Sandra said...

The present is tomorrow's past and we will have just as many fond memories of the things we have now that will be gone soon.

I think I live in worries of the future more than dwelling on the past. Bad habit and have to wrestle with my brain all the time and force a place for hope to dwell.

My kittens now all come running to the door when I get home and call them. Poor Missy as that is usually her thing and now she gets crowded out by the kittens and gets her hello kiss last.

I am trying to work out when I am going to fit in a walk. I prefer morning walks but it is certainly easier to fit them in after work than before work. But, I have a lot more energy to go for a walk in the morning than the evening.

Last night I headed out after 9:00 to do the loop, usually takes about 45 minutes. This couple I have seen before who walk super fast passed me and turned down I side road. I was happy as I did not want them behind me as then I feel pressured to walk super fast or slow down and let them pass. In about 10 minutes they were behind me again! They had gone down a hill and up a hill and still managed to catch up to me and pass. I tried to keep up to them then but it hurt my toe so I had to slow down. But because of them I had my best time ever, just about 30 minutes.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Dwelling on the past is seldom a good idea.

Crystal and I got a bad result on the human rights complaint.

I went for a horse-ride when I was in Banff last week and fell off the horse at the end of the ride while getting off. Very undignified but nobody got hurt, not even the trail guide woman who tried to catch me. :) So it is okay to be undignified getting down from the bleachers. Much better than taking a tumble, like Dad's Mom did one time, if I remember rightly.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Thanks again for comments.

Love mom