Sunday, June 24, 2018

STRENGTH

Strengh
It  took  strength to move a heavy dresser down the stairs into the car.
 Sandra and Randy do a great job.  I wanted to take a better picture but they were in too much of a hurry.  We had a short visit and a quick hug and then it was time for me to get ready for church.  We were late but we did get there.

The sermon was about the strength it took David to fight against Goliath.  It takes courage and strength for each one of us to fight the[problems we have at different stages of our lives.  Courage is often a gift we receive it when we need it the most.

The king offered David his armor to put on but of course it was far to big and heavy.  It seems easy some times to put on armor to protect ourselves but in doing so we can shut out those who would help.

Returning home we continued working in the yard.  Dad trimming trees which ends in a big mess to be cleaned up.  I finally went out to help instead of having a nap.

We drove to Windskil  park to watch  the baseball game.  It was fun to watch the 10 year old boys and 1 girl.  It turned bitterly cold sitting on the hard bench with a strong wind giving me goose bumps.  We had jackets in the car but it was a fair distance away.

I do not like those benches and getting down I am afraid of falling.  I was crawling down on my bum when Todd came to help me.  I felt a little embarrassed.  I tell myself it is all just an another experience of being human and growing older.

I pray for strength for myself and for our family each morning!



2 comments:

Sandra said...

We even got the dresser up stairs before Randy left for work. For some reason I was at the bottom carrying it up, dont know how that happened.

Took the kittens in for their shots yesterday. It was a new girl at the front desk and she did not tell them I was there and I waited for over an hour.

It did turn very cold didn't it, and very windy!

Sandra

beth bennett said...

So Sandra was Randy thankful to go to work?

Thankful for the rain!

Delivering the food bank stuff
shopping and cooking.

No gardening.

Love mom