Wednesday, June 6, 2018

THE GOOD OLD SONGS

I had told Vera we would stop in for a visit but a minute later she told us there was going to be a vaudeville show at her place of residence.  A group of older men and ladies who put their whole heart into their songs and dances.  It was great fun and we all clapped with great enthusiasm when it was over. It is always great fun to have a visit with Vera who is 93.

Dad was sitting on the ailse of the second row and all the girls like to sing and flirt with him and onevensat on his lap.  Great Fun'




No I do not feel that I belong there I was happy to come home and have a rest.

We have volunteered to pick up the food for the food bank from the church and deliver it to the food bank to-morrow.  A little job we are happy to do.

The morning was cutting the lawn and pulling a few weeds and major watering, the ground is so hard and packed down.  I lost a pair of scissors cutting some flowers and I hope they will turn up again but for not I am not doing another balancing act walking in our front yard.

Who cares what I have done or not done in my past.  If dad wants to relive some of his memories that is okay.

I love hockey and loved watching dad and Rick and Ken and Stephen and Cameron etc.
All number one stars in my eyes,

I know that I have a fragile self-image and too often have let what others think or say about me bother me.  I think many of us feel like this.

Life is learning how to love.
Love yourself.
Love others unconditionally.
Forgive yourself.
Receive the love and energy that is pouring into your soul when you most need it.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Why are you doing yard work when you have a gardener.

I am surprised you did not want to get up there and sing, it is something you love doing mom.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I do love to sing but dancing is out of the question.

I forgot to mention that the girls loved to flirt with dad and even sat on his knee so hewas an important part of the performance.

Great fun.

No gardener yet.

Love mom