Tuesday, July 21, 2009

DAY BY DAY

THE SUN SETS ON ANOTHER DAY OF BLESSINGS
WE HUG OUR LOVED ONES THAT ARE NEAR AND SEND OUR LOVE TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE LEFT!

Saying good bye to people is always painful. I have always wanted my children and now the grandchildren and the greats to be happy and I have always wanted to be reasonably near them.

Confucius says "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated".

Maybe it should be but that has not been a reality for me. The wedding was perfect but I felt there were a few things I could have done better.
There were people I would have like to talked to more and I would have liked to stay for the dancing but both Rick and I were very tired. All the emotions that flood your mind at this time seem to take over and happiness always seems to have that under lying sadness.

Humor saves the day but the tears still fill your eyes.
All the speeches were good especially Theresa's humor about God and me and yes the day was perfect. But my joke about dad doing anything to clear out the church; when Mary and Kim were supposedly lost, was greeted with a lot of laughter. Also it was very cute when the congregation was asked to stand and say I will support Mary and Michael John and Ben said I will in a loud voice!
Michael John's mom Jean gave a very moving and meaningful talk!

No wonder we went off to see the eye doctor and after losing money in the parking machine we arrive to discover it is the wrong day, so we will be back again to-morrow.

We had a good day anyway, went to the Sylvia Hotel I just love it there; then to Chapters, then home and Sandra dropped by because she was running out of gas. She and Carol had taken the dogs for a run at the beach.

Then we ended the day going to the bech with Carol because years ago she and dad had gone there on the day of the moon landing; so she says. Dad had his favorite fish and chips!

I have pictues of course but I have no time to down load or put them on I have to go for a short walk. We did not walk around at the Slyvia because it was very windy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this cunfusis guy was confused. I think life is just too darn complicated. I was thinking afterwards of all of the people I did not get to thank or say hi to, or even get a picture of. It seemed to all go by in a blur. I am just hoping that the next few years fly by as well and they actualy move back as promised.
Sandra