Friday, July 17, 2009

A NEAR MISS

DID I REALLY CLIMB THAT TREE HOUSE AR SANDRA'S?
GRANNIE AND GRAMPS ARE YOU WATCHING?

Children are so very precious and we are so fortunate to see Ben and Morgan as often as we do. We know we are missing all the new things that Matthew is doing and we see so little of Justice we do not really know him or he us.
When I was a child I had a very real sense of God's presence which I appreciatte more and more as I get older.
I was thinking the other day as I had a near miss with a car speeding in front of me and I had to brake quickly ; how often in life we may have near misses we are not aware of. I then thought this morning how I nearly missed the true meaning of a relationship with God because I got drawn into the words of dogma and church-ie-osity [not a word but I am sure you get my drift.]

There is a beautiful mystery of God's grace; that sense of the sacred, that comes as we experience life.
Growing up in a family
falling in love
the birth of a child
a fatal illness
the love and support of friends
the death of our parents
the pain of lonliness
the hunger for the spiritual
the longing for the simple faith of a child
The mystery of faith is that the smallest of us is the most important of all. In a crowd of people I sometimes feel like a "little me" and am quite happy to watch and listen.
Grandpa and I have not been involved in the busyness of all the wedding plans.
It appears that all is coming together and even today things are being moved out of our house and Carol and Sandra are busy in the midst of it all. Yesterday Oliver and Michael John and Mikie and Mike and a stranger Mike and a few others went golfing. They had a fun day. Stephen and Shawna and Cameron arrived last night.
I must admitt I miss my morning rambling but I seem to find time anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matthew walks around the house with a book in his hand or two books sometimes . Maybe you can come out when we get our new house ?

Ken