Thursday, July 23, 2009

A STRANGE PLACE


As I was sitting waiting in the doctors office waiting for dad I had all these thoughts come frifting through my mind. There seem to be so many questions in life and they just are unanswerable.

We are all so imperfect so how can we ever make each other happy or make the world a better place. Who can really help us when the despair of life crushes the very spirit out of us. I am sure family and friends get tired of hearing what is really happening within us.

At times I feel vulnerable and harsh words create a broken spirit. The Bible says that God heals the broken hearted. I am sure there are angels waiting to comfort us but first I must understand why so the first step is to take time to see within my own heart and soul.

How can one so imperfect believe that "God" the swirling reality of creative energy know the depth of my brokenness and be the scource of comfort and healing.

The Great psychologist said that in all his years of therapy "he never encountered anyone whose problem, at its core was not fundamentally spiritual."

Some answers seem to be to be compassionate with yourself, try to understand the root of your pain [the root often goes very deep into childhood]. Find meaning and learn if nothing else to be more compassionate to others.

I know what it feels like to feel hopeless and depressed and my own little cloud hovers over me. What a lonely place to be in. Dark thoughts make my life seem useless and empty.

Is God perfect? If He is can He understand our inperfections? There is no way the logical mind can understand the scource of all logic. Scientists give up and atheists give up but not me. Perfection always leaves room for growth so that in some strange way God is growing along with us strange human beings.

The God I believe in is ever-changing and yet completely perfect.

God created imperfection so that we would search for and grow towards this beautiful light that shines upon us. Some of us capture this light within our hearts and this light heals and restores and mends the broken peices of our dreams. We all have within us the possibility of change and that is the Miracle of all of life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you go with your questions again mom. And just because there is a question, does that necesarily mean that there is an answer out there somewhere? Oh, and you know of course that others may see you as perfect allready, not to say you should sit back and coast along now.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Behind the light are two angels wings barely visivle. Angels are very shy you know!
Thanks Lila for sharing about believing in angels with me, yes I know there are lots of spiritual people around.
love mom

Anonymous said...

All the most influential people in history asked questions, whether there is an answer or not. To stop questioning would be harmful to ourselves and the future of humanity.

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Gosh - what a serious bunch we are!

By the way, belief in angels is paganism mother. There is no God but God. There are no angels, sprites, or cherubs, fairies or anything like that.

Love,

Rick